Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since meeting a new girl, I have had a loss of appetite.

Could this be my hormones messing me around a bit? My stomach feels all mushy

I am finding it increasingly difficult to eat and it's not good for what should be my bulking time.

Hey guys. As you probably all know from my thread on it the other week, I'm training to cycle to Strasbourg mid-August.

My main goals for training are obviously to get used to doing lots of miles on a bike, so I'll be doing lots of miles in the saddle for that. But also stamina and shortening recovery time (basically general fitness) I'd also like to shift some "fleshy bits" in the mean time.

The training I plan on doing is all cardio on the bike, I leave for home a week today, and won't be joining my local gym again I don't think. I'll probably do some bodyweight exercises over the summer to keep my muscles ticking over, but nothing intense.

Now here's the big question, what should my diet be like while I am training? I've given up the booze as a start. I'm also giving up snacking on crap, and eating when I know that it isn't necessary. How would this sound as a normal day?

Breakfast: bowl of cereal
snack: fruit/ yoghurt
lunch: sandwich with some salad etc
10mile bike ride
snack: sandwich or something
evening meal: mum's beautiful home cooking
snack: fruit/ yoghurt

I guess that my main questions are:
Do I need to have a high protein intake when training for fitness?
Do I need to be taking in lots of cals to increase indurance? Or is it okay to take in fewer than I am burning to lose some weight?

You need to be eating for strength if your planning to compete, not eating to lose weight... the fat will take care of itself if your training and eating a sensible diet.

Doesnt look like your eating much food at all, just cereal, 2 sandwiches, and a dinner at night. You want to be eating a bit more than that... ok so your not bulking, so your not going to need more extreme calories to grow, but you need to keep your strength gains up.

Back again.

I'm adding a Wholemeal Pasta and Tuna Salad to my daily diet.

06:50 - Breakfast – large bowl of Porridge (semi-skimmed milk) with Fresh Strawberries + Blackberries + Raspberries followed by a protein shake

09:30 – Eat Natural Bar (nuts and stuff in it)

12:00 – Lunch, Rap with Whole Chicken breast, 3x Ham slices, Grated Cheese, tomato, lettuce, reduced fat mayo

13:30 - Two apples

14:30 – Wholemeal Pasta with Tuna, Tomatoes and sweet corn and low fat mayo or salad dressing + Nutri-grain bar

16:30 to 18:30 Banana then Gym, followed by protein Shake

19:00 - Dinner, Chicken/Pasta/Fish/Pork/Beef + veg -potatoes, the usual…...

Sound ok guys or should I switch the lunch Rap with the Pasta dish to give the pasta more time to digest?

Last edited:
Go for Nutrisport 90+ chocolate.

http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/nutrisport-90-protein-powder---5kg-413-p.asp

If you shop around you'll be able to get 5kg chocolate for a shade under £40.

Very good protein. I swapped over to it after taking unflavoured whey for a long time and don't see myself going back. It's mix as well.

that thing tastes horrible. a friend bought 5kg for about £50, I made fun of him sooo much with my 5kg bought for £35. it mixes and tastes a lot better with just halfa teaspoon of cocoa thrown in.
anyway the link is www.bulkpowders.co.uk.
been using a lot of stuff from them lately, happy with everything and not bad results either.

Sorry it took me that long to respond, aparently this forum has some rather frustrated mods on the MM area.

that thing tastes horrible. a friend bought 5kg for about £50, I made fun of him sooo much with my 5kg bought for £35. it mixes and tastes a lot better with just halfa teaspoon of cocoa thrown in.
anyway the link is www.bulkpowders.co.uk.
been using a lot of stuff from them lately, happy with everything and not bad results either.

Sorry it took me that long to respond, aparently this forum has some rather frustrated mods on the MM area.

Nah, Nutrisport chocolate tastes good. The bulkpowder unflavoured is fine though, to me just the same as all the other unflavoured stuff. But when I can pay a few quid more and have it flavoured in the tub it's well worth it!

Thanks for that neon.uk I just read that (took me an hour :o) and it has actually made me think in more detail about my training routine and the approach I take to it.

Cheers mate :)

edit: I have just used another one of his pages, to calculate my potential. Here: http://www.weightrainer.net/potential.html

At 10 % body fat my lean potential is 192.93 pounds, bringing my total body weight to 214.36 pounds

At 16 % body fat (what I'm currently at) my lean potential is 197.87 pounds, bringing my total body weight to 235.56 pounds

So I think I'll take the 10 % bf and run with it :D

Obviously I would have to dedicate years of my life to reach this, which I fully intend to do :)

Feeling quite optimistic now :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom