Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My chest / shoulder rehab is going well

I did some pushpress and some flat db work and flies and it all felt pretty good, just did a quick workout this morning might go this evening as well (why not?! :D).

6xRC exercise movements

Flat DB:
20x15kg
16x20kg
12x25kg
10x30kg
10x35kg
10x40kg
ds:17x25kg

Superset with flies @ 18kg 5 sets of 10 reps

Pushpress:

10x50
8x60
8x70
6x80
5x90
2x100 (thought why not - a bit silly as my shoulder still ain't perfect :p)).

Bent over lateral raises with veeeery light weights, slow movement:

8x10kg
8x10kg
8x10kg
8x10kg
12x10kg

Side cable raises (v.light rehab work):

8x5kg
8x5kg
8x5kg
8x5kg
8x5kg
8x5kg

Not bad start to the morning.

If I go tonight it'll be a big back day. :)

Yeah Im not sure about my form on the flies I bring my arms out a fair bit but not to the point where they are straight, I might have a look on exrx for a video. As for db bench, I find it a lot easier than the smith machine (no barbells in my gym :() which I can do 65kg for 5-6 reps.

Proper flies the DBs shouldn't touch at the top as you lose the tension in your chest. You bring the arms up until you feel the tension leaving your chest in a sort of "hugging" motion. Also you should have a kink/bend in your arm, and drop the elbow (humerus) to parallel with the ground and not below as you'll damage yourself.

My chest / shoulder rehab is going well

I did some pushpress and some flat db work and flies and it all felt pretty good, just did a quick workout this morning might go this evening as well (why not?! :D).

My thoughts exactly had a nice heavy cardio session this morning and I'm heading back this evening for some Back and Tri work

Proper flies the DBs shouldn't touch at the top as you lose the tension in your chest. You bring the arms up until you feel the tension leaving your chest in a sort of "hugging" motion. Also you should have a kink/bend in your arm, and drop the elbow (humerus) to parallel with the ground and not below as you'll damage yourself.

I bring them together so the edges of the weights dumbells touch as they're fairly thick, I'll try it without them touching next week though.

Yeah Im not sure about my form on the flies I bring my arms out a fair bit but not to the point where they are straight, I might have a look on exrx for a video (edit: I was doing this for the 16kg, 18kg was a bit worse form ). As for db bench, I find it a lot easier than the smith machine (no barbells in my gym :() which I can do 65kg for 5-6 reps.

Still a really good bench, I bench 52 kg for 8 to 12 on free weights. And my 1 rep is 70 odd, I'm improving it ever so slowly, about a kg or so a week :)

Still a really good bench, I bench 52 kg for 8 to 12 on free weights. And my 1 rep is 70 odd, I'm improving it ever so slowly, about a kg or so a week :)

Cheers :D. Is that 52kg barbell? I'm currently doing 5-6 reps for most exercises and improving a fair bit as I've started going to the gym 5/6 times a week and improving my diet. I'd need to improve by more than a kg a week as my gyms dumbells go up in odd numbers and the highest is 30kg :(, I think I'll try a 26 kg bench next week for 5 reps.

Cheers :D. Is that 52kg barbell? I'm currently doing 5-6 reps for most exercises and improving a fair bit as I've started going to the gym 5/6 times a week and improving my diet. I'd need to improve by more than a kg a week as my gyms dumbells go up in odd numbers and the highest is 30kg :(, I think I'll try a 26 kg bench next week for 5 reps.

Yep, barbell, quite proud because my 1rm has doubled since I started 3 months ago (I was pretty weak). I am only really just getting into my stride thanks to the advice and info I have received on this very forum :D

You should progress through weights quite quickly as it seems from your rep range that you are aiming for strength gains?

30kg db's seem a bit light, I train at home at the moment, but when I'm back to uni after the summer I'll be using their gym as I did before I broke up for holidays. Their biggest db's are 45kg and their are quite a few guys in their that use them for bench pressing, one of the guys is a monster through and through.

I've been addressing my goals recently and not sure yet, but I think I might switch to strength training soon. The way I'm thinking about it at the mo, is that I intend to be at this for years to come so the size will come and so I may aswell work on strength predominantly :).

I've been addressing my goals recently and not sure yet, but I think I might switch to strength training soon. The way I'm thinking about it at the mo, is that I intend to be at this for years to come so the size will come and so I may aswell work on strength predominantly :).

Yeah mainly for strength atm I feel I could do with upping the strength a fair bit, and I do need to change gym but no point in signing a 12 month conract when I start glasgow uni in september as the gym there has dumbells that go up to 60kg and has squat rack, barbells etc so should be good :D.

My wrist straps, weight straps, and gloves have arrived. I imagine the gloves won't be much cop but I'm giving them a go because I have big callouses that pinch when going for the heavier of my presses. :)

Lumbar belt should arrive tomorrow, in time for weds back session :)

Yeah mainly for strength atm I feel I could do with upping the strength a fair bit, and I do need to change gym but no point in signing a 12 month conract when I start glasgow uni in september as the gym there has dumbells that go up to 60kg and has squat rack, barbells etc so should be good :D.

Sounds good mate. I like going to proper gyms like that because you always see these hulks (well thats what they are compared to me :p) and it does spur you on quite a bit.

Feel a bit lacking in the extra motivation while training at home, don't get me wrong I don't miss a session and I don't go easy on myself, but without a training partner there's not that competition that means you force yourself that little bit more.

zinc is quite good for the skin from what I've heard and it has helped me keep stretch marks under control. it's also a good testosterone booster, makes your sleep better and gives you really i mean really intense dreams (don't get any ideas, we're talking normal subject various dreams :D) for the first couple of weeks of usage. They appear so damn realistic lol.

I saw this linked somewhere else: http://www.bigguts.com/forum/index.php

I suggest a trip to the Picture section...

I'm not sure what to think after visiting there, other than I hope it's a joke :(

edit: not sure why I'm sharing this with you lot, other than maybe... motivation? :D

That site can't be serious :confused:

If it is they should close it down, that could seriously wreck people's lives :eek:

Can't believe they think they look good.

I actually wasn't sure about leaving that link there, I was going to edit it out. At first I was like "haha this is hilarious! Must share!", but thinking about it, it is very worrying. But saying that I very much doubt it's the only site of it's kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom