Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Woah. Finished my second week GVT and it was legs today. Sadly I had to go in the morning which is always a pain as I feel weak and get sick easily but there was no way to get to the gym this evening so a 7.45am session it was.

Did 10 sets of 10 @ 70kg absolute strictest form with slow 3s negatives. I really focussed on getting the shoulders tight and chest out and for the first time ever my back didn't ache at all.

Downside was that I was completely wiped out. Couldn't jog back from the gym as usual, couldn't concentrate at work cos I was exhausted. Took about 3 hours to get back to normal functioning!

Liking this regime though!

Soldato
I've also had that forearm pain when doing curls, I think it's a tendon.

I think its something thats quite common, especially when using straight bars. EZ bars should help to reduce it. Alternatively you can remove the need to do curls by giving your biceps a good hammering by a decent back work out ;)

Soldato
Found myself quite enjoying rowing recently and have done about 3 or 4 10km rows over the past 2 weeks. Originally my time was tipping just over 44minutes. Considering I'm not a CV nutjob I didn't think this was too bad. The time started to slowly come down and managed a 43:20 before today.
Today I managed in 42minutes dead so somehow shaved 1:20 off!:)

Each row I had stopped briefly 3/4 times for water so probaly another 10/15 seconds to come off if I didn't stop.

Just wondering if this was anywhere near respectable considering i'd never rowed for more than 10 minutes before! What are your times guys?

Permabanned
I think its something thats quite common, especially when using straight bars. EZ bars should help to reduce it. Alternatively you can remove the need to do curls by giving your biceps a good hammering by a decent back work out ;)

Its very common and primarily down to a weakness in the forearms as compared to the upper arm, the single best way to overcome it is to do reverse curls and ez bar work. I dont get forearm pain very often these days as im generally stronger all over

Soldato
Anyone have any tips on how to recover more quickly after a work out - I did some stuff on my torso and arms in friday night and I'm still aching...

You're doing it right if your still aching providing your not a novice/beginner. Lots of water, lots of vegatables(acording to freefaller) and some stretching should help. Manning up too wouldn't go a miss :p

Soldato
I've not done a long cardio session in too long, but last time I did 10km rowing It was ~43 minutes I think and this was when I considered myself quite fit.

Its very common and primarily down to a weakness in the forearms as compared to the upper arm, the single best way to overcome it is to do reverse curls and ez bar work. I dont get forearm pain very often these days as im generally stronger all over

Would reverse curls on a cable be fine then? (I do tend to work forearms about once a week with these) Or can you do these on dumbbells (no barbells/ez bars in my gym)?

Edit: Woops meant to adjust this rather than repost :mad:

Soldato
Anyone have any tips on how to recover more quickly after a work out - I did some stuff on my torso and arms in friday night and I'm still aching...

By the way matey i've recently just had a totally cold shower for about 2-3 mins, then a hot shower... someone told me at the gym that it helps, and it certainly limbers me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom