Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Is this over kill for a back day? What I mean is should I leave something out?

Wide grip pull ups 5x5-body weight just over 21st.

One arm bent over row 5x5-25kg,35,45,55,60.

Shrugs 5x5-150kg,200,250,300,(with hooks 320 or 350).

Seated row 5x5-150kg,200,250,300,(with hooks 320 or 350).

Close grip pull downs 5x5-150kg,200,250,300,(with hooks 320 or 350).

Half an hour on cross trainer then crawl up stairs and die!

Blimmy - How long does that take?

I'm pretty pleased with my back at the moment.. Plenty of cardio has shread the fat and I've kept things to no more than 15 sets per target area.

Soldato
no S*** lol, we I've never seen a lat pull-down that has 300k.
pretty hardcore gym then?
my gym is more commercial than that, tries to cater for older people as that's our main users!
I have plate hooks on the stack so you can add weight at your own discretion or until the cable snaps lol.
The fact that you're not really doing anything specific for the lower back means any exercise will make a difference :)
I know you're not a fan of DL's, and good mornings are ok. I'd probably suggest SLDL's followed by some back extensions?
Start hitting that lower back Tank! A man of your size should have a strong lower back for if anything but support ;)
SLDL's followed by some back extensions:confused: Sorry clipsey what are these, I can do DL's but I'm really put off by them so tend to avoid them.
Blimmy - How long does that take?

I'm pretty pleased with my back at the moment.. Plenty of cardio has shread the fat and I've kept things to no more than 15 sets per target area.

As long as it takes if I'm in the mood 1-2 hours if I'm not 2-3.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Thanks for the link! they don't look to bad. Would you say do good mornings for awhile then move on to back extensions, or do both using good mornings as like a warm up?

Soldato
After a good back day I always finish up with back extensions (kind of a like situps to me) as they are more of a stretch than a lift.
Throw some good mornings into your routine then finish up with some back extensions :)

Soldato
After a good back day I always finish up with back extensions (kind of a like situps to me) as they are more of a stretch than a lift.
Throw some good mornings into your routine then finish up with some back extensions :)

:)So this then............

Good mornings 5x5- start with the bar,40,60,80,100

Wide grip pull ups 5x5-body weight just over 21st.

One arm bent over row 5x5-25kg,35,45,55,60.

Shrugs 5x5-150kg,200,250,300,(with hooks 320 or 350).

Seated row close grip 5x5-150kg,200,250,300,(with hooks 320 or 350).

Wide grip pull downs 5x5-150kg,200,250,300,(with hooks 320 or 350).

Back extensions whilst holding plate 5x5- 10kg,10,15,20,25.

Half an hour on cross trainer, then crawl up stairs and die!:D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Currently coming to the end of my new routine for the week...And I must say it's definitly different...Seem to be targeting certain muscle groups a lot more easier.

So thanks to all who was involved, currently destroying my Triceps, which are going to hurt tomorrow :)

Associate
Does anyone use pre-workout supplements?

I am considering using one as I don't always have enough energy to give my all during workouts especially when I have just done a 10hr shift :(

Anyway I torn between Reflex NOS Fusion or BSN NO-Explode anyone used either of these?

Regards

Nige.

Soldato

I am considering using one as I don't always have enough energy to give my all during workouts especially when I have just done a 10hr shift :(

Anyway I torn between Reflex NOS Fusion or BSN NO-Explode anyone used either of these?

Regards

Nige.

Maximucle viper extreme but don't buy it from them directly its something like £35:rolleyes: http://www.phd-fitness.co.uk/store/p/414/1/Maximuscle-Viper-Extreme---1Kg.html get it from here £11 less:) including delivery. You will be like a bizzy bizzy bumble bee crossed with the Hulk, great stuff;):cool:. Oh and it only comes in orange flavour that doesn't taste so bad but I always cut it with orange juice!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

Regards

Nige.

Just grab a cup of coffee and a banana 30 mins before you work out. A lot of it is mental rather than anything else.

Man of Honour
OP
Bananas work wonders...I'm just a bit weary about eating that close before working out though.

I find I can munch on a banana whilst training with some water and it's fine. It releases energy very quickly, just be sure to chew on it enough so that it's quickly digested. 30mins is plenty long enough, and coffee is great although I'm very tolerant to caffeine I still get a bit of a buzz from it. Of course you could just go for some kendal mint cake! :p

Associate
Think I'm immune to banana's, I eat about 3 during the day & don't seem to do much for me.

Thanks for the suggestion of the Viper Extreme Tank, I will also consider this although still think I prefer the 2 products I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom