Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
OP
WOOT

Hit 220 deadlift today! Video'd it but it came out wrong, ill get it next time, not that i have any competition in the video stakes....

227.5 is my target for next session, 501lbs baby! oh yeah!

Awesome. Is that with straps? Belt? Eitherway that's a great weight. I haven't tried a PB for a while in DLs because I really need straps now 210 comes up easily enough it's my grip that's starting to fail me rather than strength.

Obviously the hard work is helping!! :)

What's your squat and bench at now? What do you weigh?

Soldato
I've decided just to jot down my weight every week. All increases will be muscle mass as I'm carefully counting calories and making sure I don't put on too much fat as I bulk up further. A picture will be forthcoming April the first as I'm off on holiday then and want to be ready.

February 8, 2009 - 100.8 kg (stark naked on a scale)

Permabanned
Awesome. Is that with straps? Belt? Eitherway that's a great weight. I haven't tried a PB for a while in DLs because I really need straps now 210 comes up easily enough it's my grip that's starting to fail me rather than strength.

Obviously the hard work is helping!! :)

What's your squat and bench at now? What do you weigh?

straps no belt, i can do 205 without straps but i see no point in going for 1RM RAW when my grip will clearly fail at a submaximal level.

dead/squat/bench now 220/160/130

so thats 510 ha nice :D

Man of Honour
OP
straps no belt, i can do 205 without straps but i see no point in going for 1RM RAW when my grip will clearly fail at a submaximal level.

dead/squat/bench now 220/160/130

so thats 510 ha nice :D

I need to get some straps because I reckon I could match you for 220 then ;)

You're not far from me!! Dammit, I need to get my act together!

What you weighing in at now?

Soldato
I need to get some straps because I reckon I could match you for 220 then ;)

You're not far from me!! Dammit, I need to get my act together!

What you weighing in at now?

If I email you my email address and you reply with an address I'll post you a descent spare pair of straps if you like Freefaller it'll save you a couple of quid? There just sitting there not getting used if you wanna give them a good home.

Last edited:
Permabanned
tank you know of any long straps? mine have like a dowel in that makes them great on std diameter bars but they are becoming a pain on my oly kit. Watching vids of the pro's they have ones that loop several times around the bars. What make are yours and how long is the strap bit?

Man of Honour
OP
If I email you my email address and you reply with an address I'll post you a descent spare pair of straps if you like Freefaller it'll save you a couple of quid? There just sitting there not getting used if you wanna give them a good home.

That's really kind of you mate! :) I'll have to buy you a pint some time - shame you live a billion miles from me though :( Well not THAT far... but if you're up for the offer, then I'll take you up on it.

your a good deal leaner than me in fairness m8, i think im around 17% atm

Yeah but not 15kg+ worth? I'm around 13 I reckon.

Soldato
That's really kind of you mate! :) I'll have to buy you a pint some time - shame you live a billion miles from me though :( Well not THAT far... but if you're up for the offer, then I'll take you up on it.

Yeah but not 15kg+ worth? I'm around 13 I reckon.

One day I'll most likely go to a meet! Would like to meet 99% of the people on here:cool:.

Soldato
tank you know of any long straps? mine have like a dowel in that makes them great on std diameter bars but they are becoming a pain on my oly kit. Watching vids of the pro's they have ones that loop several times around the bars. What make are yours and how long is the strap bit?

I use maximuscle ones nice and long, I would have offered but you said you had straps already sorry fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom