1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Discussion in 'SA Archive' started by Freefaller, Feb 6, 2009.

?

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

1. Yeah good idea.

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. Nah I'm happy with this one.

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BennyC

Capodecina

Yeah I just tried it on my hands alone and it was a bit difficult. I guess it resembles a weighted plank a bit. I'll have to try these at somepoint.

2. Participant

Caporegime

Chocolate smooth flavour impact whey

Just received my order of the above from MyProtein.

Luckily, all the reports of it being extremely tasty are true, as I ordered ten lbs of it without trying a sample first! Seriously, it's bloody delicious!!

I know many of you are sceptical about powdered protein, but I tend to find it a struggle to eat enough chicken and eggs as I just don't like it in the quantities I supposedly need to eat it.

3. LiE

Capodecina

Been enjoying the change doing 5x5. Deadlifts were a beast yesterday, managed to do 120KGx5 for 5 sets. Massive pump.

4. Volcs

Wise Guy

Complex to try tonight:

I'm scared.

5. LiE

Capodecina

Oh forgot to say - BORs rock for upper back. Can't believe I've been avoiding them.

6. Boscher

Wise Guy

Does anyone know where I can source Hellsmann Olive Oil from a UK Online supplier? I refuse to eat vegetable oil variants

Google is failing me, or perhaps I am failing Google.

Thanks.

7. Clipsey

Soldato

Any ideas on good shoulder exercises for improving their stamina and endurance besides lower weight/higher reps?
    Training for my Ironman and the swimming section is my least of improvements!

8. BennyC

Capodecina

Powerclean/Hanging clean to Military/Push press.
    Just superset some exercises too for example:
    Upright Rows x 10 straight onto 10x Military Press. (You can even do supersets back to back if you want some real pain)

Try making up some supersets with other shoulder/trap exercises like shrugs, raises, rear flyes.

I'd recommend trying DB shoulder press with no back rest as it's very difficult to lock out and much much harder than with a back rest. Absolutley blasts the shoulders. You get a good core/postural workout too!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  9. Clipsey

Soldato

Yeah at the moment doing some HangClean to PushPress, some Arnolds and shoulder fly's. Will have to start trying super sets - trouble is I can't go too crazy as my body is not allowed that much recovery time :( kind of a catch 22 thing.

10. Participant

Caporegime

How people manage those after deadlifts I have no idea :eek:.

11. tom_e

Man of Honour

any reason you need that exact olive oil? theres plenty on offer in your local supermarket

12. LiE

Capodecina

I did them before ;)

13. Dj_Jestar

Caporegime

14. tom_e

Man of Honour

15. BennyC

Capodecina

16. ethan

Soldato

Not feeling so cocky now having had the luxery of being able to train through Christmas. Received the worst throat/headcold/chest infection in my life and not trained for six days. Lol just been going in (the gym) every other day for a cuppa whilst the guys get on with it :mad:

17. Freefaller

Man of Honour

LOL! Served him right for rubbish form and weight and for dropping the weight. :p

Looked painful though :(

16st this evening, though this was after dinner... hmmm I was meant to be going back down! Bloody Christmas and skiing holidays and too much apfelstrudel! :p Well I needed the fuel to keep me warm you see, and and and........ :o :o

18. ethan

Soldato

and you needed to live a little ;) Sounds like you had a great time. A favorate of mine was eating apple Strudel 10000 feet up. Plus I was in a Village where every hotel contained a gym.

19. Acrotomophilia

Capodecina

Standing military press for the win;).

20. N19h7m4r3

Sgarrista

I can't wait to get back to the gym! I only had abour 53kg max at my folks place over the holidays and it was annoying trying to work in my tiny cramped room. I smashed alot of my things by accident :/

Worse yet I'm back at my apartment, but the college and it's gym is closed due to all the snow and ice. I'm getting twitchy here!

I need my gym fix! I haven't had dom's since the holidays. It's like withdrawls. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.