Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm started to see small gains but my work pattern is just killing me atm. Today is back but I fell like if I try to deadlift I'm going to fall into a wall. I work from 9am - 8:45pm and 14 hours on the weekend.

Plus a 70kg deadlift makes my wrists feel like they're attached to my arms via a length of string!

Why does everyone go so light on the leg press on here:p.
Go on then get some figures up! I'll join you on this one.

On my 5x5 week 3 weeks ago I hit 500kg :D
I'm started to see small gains but my work pattern is just killing me atm. Today is back but I fell like if I try to deadlift I'm going to fall into a wall. I work from 9am - 8:45pm and 14 hours on the weekend.

Plus a 70kg deadlift makes my wrists feel like they're attached to my arms via a length of string!

Keep at it. Try to increment 5kg every week. Before you know it - you'll hit the big '00!

Thing is I can do 200kg+ on the leg press, but then I can only do 1 or 2 reps

I'd rather go at a weight I can do a full 10-15 reps on for a few sets. Which on a good week is about 160-170

Thing is I can do 200kg+ on the leg press, but then I can only do 1 or 2 reps

I'd rather go at a weight I can do a full 10-15 reps on for a few sets. Which on a good week is about 160-170
I hit 460 which was my previous maximum for 10 but the jump to 500 was more out of curiosity more than anything else and my legs were beginning to get wobbly!

Go on then get some figures up! I'll join you on this one.

On my 5x5 week 3 weeks ago I hit 500kg :D

Keep at it. Try to increment 5kg every week. Before you know it - you'll hit the big '00!

A 2.5 increment is hard enough! When I do the reps drop and then I wait untill I can do the full 3x8 before moving up again.

500kg leg press :O
The Leg press in my machine only goes up to 200kg mind I can't do that, it's pretty rubbish though as once you've done the first rep it's easy to do however many you like.
Managed a good session tonight 18kg shoulder press for 5 reps and some 9kg lateral raises.

400kg for 5 this week. Leg press numbers are pretty much useless just posting them here though. The leg press machines are most likely different, and the majority of people have a stupid ROM on it, but its pretty safe to say you should be leg pressing insanely more weight than you can squat.

Olympic plate loader for the win! Knees to my chest every time;. this was done awhile ago when I went to the David Lloyd I don't go there anymore as I built a home gym with my friend that we abuse the hell out of.

Last edited:
Personal bests for x5

Ez curl bar 100kg
Shrugs 320kg including bar
Leg extensions 170kg
Triceps push downs 155kg
Dumbbell concentration curls 45kg
Wide grip pull downs 320-360 cable on the way out:eek: :(.

Just out of interest dun how old are you and how long you been lifting iron for. I have been lifting for just over 11 years now and I'm 26 definitely knocking it on the head by 35 lol, starting to pay for the silly lifting in the elbows now:(.

Last edited:
you leg press 460kg for 10? you are only little arent you? quite impressive :]
5ft 10" 73kg - I'll try to get a video up soon.

A 2.5 increment is hard enough! When I do the reps drop and then I wait untill I can do the full 3x8 before moving up again.
When I hit a plateau around the 100kg mark I decereased my reps to 1-3 and I kept just racking up the weights.

Give it a try. Build up to your weights . .

1 x 7 @ 70kg
1 x 6 @ 72.5kg
1 x 5 @ 75kg
1 x 3 @ 80kg
1 x 2 @ 82.5kg

Push from your heals - Keep your neck up and back straight. Let us know how you get on :)

5x5 build up to 620 kilos for five reps and 650 kilos for personal best.

That's mighty impressive! :cool:

I got into it quite late as I've just turned 21 and have been lifting for 2 years now. I didn't have much of a clue to begin with though, but the desire was there :)
Sorry to hear about the elbows mate :\ I'm supplementing with fish oil tabs at the moment and seem to have much less joint aches and pains (right hammy is tight as. this week though)

Some really very good weights there as well. Everything way way above what I am at currently. That pull downs is lbs right? Either way very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom