Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently taking Cod liver and a Glucosamine mixture...Trying to help my joints out in general...And I'm not even lifting at the moment apart from at work, its killing me sometimes :(

Hoping it all kicks in at some point.

does take a bit of while, but after a couple of weeks it will definitely make a difference. ;)

pushing a van, now that's what I call compound workout.:D

Yeh it was very good. The harness wasn't a proper strong man one, just one my mate got through his work so it dug into your shoulders a bit. Was good fun though

does take a bit of while, but after a couple of weeks it will definitely make a difference. ;)

Yeah, took a while before (I think...that's if it was doing something...)

Really getting me down, I can't even walk around for a day without something hurting.

Same with work, just shifting some of the light stock around aggravates my elbow! Not even heavy stuff, less than 10kg's, shifting 20 of them around really does it over.

Ah well, hopefully get better eventually.

trying to not over work my shoulder and lacking anything that i can do other than BB press....

chest:

warmups (random)

working sets:
10x100
8x5x100

BB curls
3x15x30kg / 1x12x30kg (these sets were supersetted with the last 4 sets of bench).

Could feel my shoulder twinging more when going over 5 reps, so just up the sets instead. nothing much of a workout but would rather keep taking it steady than ruining myself again!

Also, picked up another 50kg of plates (2x15kg and 2x10kg) for £35. Excellent find :]

pulled rotator cuff thats all. while going easy on my wrist it seems that other parts of my body havent been worked so much, so got weak.
did chest and shoulders in same session (which i never normally do) and pulled it, so taking it easy on it for a couple of weeks.
nightmare lol

Also, picked up another 50kg of plates (2x15kg and 2x10kg) for £35. Excellent find :]

wheres this from like? :o

also, anyone pre-make all their meals?

I made chilli on monday... got a good 8 servings out of it - great for and inbetween meal with a frozen jacket potato... thinking of doing it for chicken+potatoes too

Last edited:
same bloke as i bought the other stuff from. he was keeping that to do curls and stuff but decided to sell it after all. gave me a call and there was no way i was saying no :D

So i got 110kg + a crap bench + 2 bars (5' and a 6') for about £90.
The weights are good as well: 2x20,2x15,4x10. So not lots of little weights :D

pulled rotator cuff thats all. while going easy on my wrist it seems that other parts of my body havent been worked so much, so got weak.
did chest and shoulders in same session (which i never normally do) and pulled it, so taking it easy on it for a couple of weeks.
nightmare lol

I'm sure I'm just telling you something you already know but I've suffered with bad rotator cuffs for a long time, I found these to help: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Infraspinatus/DBLyingExternalRotation.html
Very light weight, although done standing using a cable machine with the arm positioned to the side height as my abdomen. Done this for a few weeks, 3 sets of 12 3 times a week (we're talking 10KG..) and not only do I no longer have problems but they seem stronger than ever.

Congrats on the 30T FF! As for you Tank, well, it's just crazy some of the weights you're managing to shift! 170KG Leg extensions is just insane, I was chuffed to be doing 160lbs, LOL!

there are quite a few places that do strongman stuff, just need to go looking for them!

could always head to doncaster next sunday for Englands Strongest Man, would imagine there would be loads of info on gyms and stuff :]

Chest today. Last weights session at the Uni gym before I return home for summer.

Pec Dec Warm up:

75KG x 10 x 2
82KG x 10
89KG x 10
96KG x 10
103KG x 8
110KG x 4

Flat DB Press
Either arm:

35KG x 10
37.5KG x 8
40KGx 8 x 2 (Failure)

Incline DB Press
Either arm:

30KG x 10 x 2
32KG x 8
35KG x 8 (PB)

Flat Cable Flies:
Either arm

13KG x 10 x 4

Incline Cable Flies
Either arm

11KG x 10 x 4

Heavy Flat DB Press
Either arm

45KG x 4 x 2 (Failure)

Suppersetted with 30KG flat DB press, no lockout. 6 second reps. Approx 8 reps, 2 sets.

Bodyweight Dips:

BW x 10
BW x 9
BW x 8 x 2

Tricep Isolation:
DB Skull Crushers

25KG x 10
27.5KG x 10
Dropset 30KG x 8, 27.5KG x 6, 25KG x 4

Cable Tricep Pushdown:
26KG x 10 (Slow and controlled) Immediatley followed by 28KG till failure

Reverse Grip Tricep Push(pull?)Down:
23KG x 10 (Slow and controlled) Immediatley followed by 26KG till failure

Single Arm Tricep extension:
8KG x 10 x 2 for either arm.

Knackered!:p

Watched some Ronnie Coleman - Relentless over the weekend

He really does seem like a nice guy, very humble, always prays before he eats, has so much time for fans. And considering the money he has, he doesn't consider himself too good to do his own shopping. Was quite funny seeing him walk round CostCo looking for the special deals.

Anyway, besides the point

He's an absolute monster, his workouts are absolutely insane, and his off season diet was ludicrous, 1 litre of egg whites, with a bucket load of oats for his first meal, then 10 scoops of protein powder!!

Really worth a watch though!

YEEEEEEAH BUDDAY!! YUP YUP, LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!

I'm not seeing many military presses guys, I've recently started these and I'm really starting to notice big differences!

The biggest change for me has come from Pull ups/Chin ups - I've gone back to the basics and started focusing on form and I found this article really useful to assist with my goals: http://www.tmuscle.com/readArticle.do?id=460273 :)

Raises hand, I like military pressing great exercise:). Something I have noticed on here no one seems to train there neck with a head harness I do:p.

He's an absolute monster, his workouts are absolutely insane, and his off season diet was ludicrous, 1 litre of egg whites, with a bucket load of oats for his first meal, then 10 scoops of protein powder!!

Really worth a watch though!

YEEEEEEAH BUDDAY!! YUP YUP, LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!

I've seen a bit of him on youtube and his phrases are awesome, he's like a real life version of cole train from the gears of war video game on xbox. I don't think I'd ever be able to reach the level of dedication he has though (nor am I that bothered though) we all train to different goals.

thats his life, he has to train with that level of dedication :p
top bodyuilders dont really make that much money, not when you look at how much time they spend doing it (every minute of everyday is geared towards the next comp).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom