*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
Just popped into the Orange store in Liverpool... bloke there said it's pretty likely (or some words to that effect) they'll have the white models in on launch day. Also said they're starting preorders next few days.

Apologies if the contents of that rambling is already common knowledge :p

Permabanned
erm in regard to the pricing the iphone tariffs are set by apple and not the network, just thought you all should know :)

so when slagging off orange or whoevers prices, be prepared for them to be the same on your network.

I expect they have a say, but they will probably have different deals with each network. The people who really know that kind of thing will have signed NDAs. I'd be careful stating things like that as fact on a popular public forum while identifying yourself as an employee of a network tbh. :)

(Sorry - smiley wasn't meant to look sarcastic, just don't want you to get into trouble!)

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually got through to the Regent street store for a reserve but it wouldn't tell me the price prior to reserving it - so I cancelled :D
I hear anyway that store reservation is based on a first come - first served at the store.. so much for travelling a distance and a £20 train fare only to be told your reserved iPhone has been given away to a punter.. although to me that doesn't quite make sense unless you want to make sure you have a queue around the block of the store upon opening... and then you can PR about it being 'the most successful launch ever' (which seems to be the hype at the moment).

Man of Honour
I expect they have a say, but they will probably have different deals with each network. The people who really know that kind of thing will have signed NDAs. I'd be careful stating things like that as fact on a popular public forum tbh. :)

its not insider knowledge, just look at the prices for the 3Gs on voda / O2 and orange, there the same.

therefore logically speaking why would they be ?

otherwise each network would be trying to undercut each other on those then to get the iphone 4 deals.

maybe my language was a bit strong what i should have said was the tariffs are probably set in conjunction with apple :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just been on the phone to o2 and switched my 18month 3G contract to the £15 simplicity, Was told they don't actually have any microsims atm but give CS a call in a couple of days.

So i'm thinking the easiest option for me is to just cut my sim down on the 24th and i'll instantly have a fully working iPhone 4 without having to get sims changed over, I'm guessing it's going to be chaos at o2 on the 24th!!!

Man of Honour

what ? there exactly the same as voda and orange ?

and they dont give pricing for the iphone 4 ?

also they are the same tariffs as for the 3GS, its the cost of the phone that differs.

Just to clarify. The tariffs are all the same for the 3G the 3GS, its simply the cost of the phone hat differs. and if you check orange the iphone 4 is on exactly the same tariffs and costs again its simply the price of the phone that differs.

Associate
what ? there exactly the same as voda and orange ?

and they dont give pricing for the iphone 4 ?

also they are the same tariffs as for the 3GS, its the cost of the phone that differs.

Just to clarify. The tariffs are all the same for the 3G the 3GS, its simply the cost of the phone hat differs. and if you check orange the iphone 4 is on exactly the same tariffs and costs again its simply the price of the phone that differs.

Although the tariff prices are the same what you get for them is different. I think we may be talking at cross purposes here?

Im looking specifically at iPhone 4 tariffs (excluding handset price as that is an unknown (except for orange))

Man of Honour
what you get is the same, for example

orange - Iph45 - 1200 minutes, unlimited text, uk and mobile internet (FUP)
o2 - 1200minutes - unlimited texts 750mb internet
voda - 1200 minutes - unlimited texts and 1GB internet

so ok, maybe theres a slight difference in the internet allowance but its basically the same tariff.

Soldato
Anyone spotted any cheaper than apple docks?

I have the £ sorted guess I'll be waiting for an o2 shop opening on release day :)

I'll stick with my £15 simplicity tariff and get a pay & go one

Associate
I actually got through to the Regent street store for a reserve but it wouldn't tell me the price prior to reserving it - so I cancelled :D
I hear anyway that store reservation is based on a first come - first served at the store.. so much for travelling a distance and a £20 train fare only to be told your reserved iPhone has been given away to a punter.. although to me that doesn't quite make sense unless you want to make sure you have a queue around the block of the store upon opening... and then you can PR about it being 'the most successful launch ever' (which seems to be the hype at the moment).

Ye that's what they said to me aswell stupid policy anyway theres loads of phone shops around there which will stock the phone

Vai

Vai

Soldato
Those that reserved and received an email confirmation, when checking it on the Apple site from the stores "View my reservations" link what does it say? For me it just says "You don’t have any upcoming or past reservations.":confused:

Back
Top Bottom