*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
Also, like I said earlier, a lot of it is all just hype.

Apple will have tons of them, exactly like they did on the 3G launch. There were the same rumors being banged about on the end of the first day of trading that there were none left, but that wasn't the case.

Caporegime
So i take it if you order from apple direct then the iphone is unlocked to any network or are they still locked??...just want to make sure as im not so sure about the pricing of networks...looking at orange it seems they want a shedload of money, o2 im pretty sure is the same but someone posted a screenshot of vodafone and they dont look too bad...no word from tmobile yet as to when they will release it.

So am thinking i might as well just keep my tariff as it is...pick up an iphone4 and just use my sim in there or use my other tmobile sim in it...

Soldato
Would it be a good idea for me to sign up for £15 simplicity card this week and when i get new iPhone next week transfer it over to the micro sim online?

Soldato
I have to say that O2 have dealt with this whole microSIM issue in a really helpful manner. They are giving everyone who buys an iPhone a MicroSIM and then allowing them to essentially swap it with their current SIM electronically via an online service. Much better than what we're hearing from Orange.

Soldato
I have to say that O2 have dealt with this whole microSIM issue in a really helpful manner. They are giving everyone who buys an iPhone a MicroSIM and then allowing them to essentially swap it with their current SIM electronically via an online service. Much better than what we're hearing from Orange.

Shame they are not being so great regarding their current customers that actually wanted to guarantee delivery on the 24th by ordering from apple. They need to have some microsim request form.

Caporegime

Does that also swap your phone number from one sim to another or does the number have to change to whatevers on the microsim?

And ffs o2 get your handset prices up. :mad:

TJM

TJM

Associate
Shame they are not being so great regarding their current customers that actually wanted to guarantee delivery on the 24th by ordering from apple. They need to have some microsim request form.
Yeah, aren't people who buy direct from Apple basically hosed? There won't be an O2 microsim in the box and one will have to be found (i.e. bought) somewhere.

Soldato
Does that also swap your phone number from one sim to another or does the number have to change to whatevers on the microsim?

And ffs o2 get your handset prices up. :mad:

It's a complete swap, your old SIM becomes dead, it's pretty much like having a copy of your SIM in the MicroSIM format. Obviously data stored on the SIM won't get transferred so you'll have to do that manually (if you happen to store anything on the SIM).

If you want to know O2's prices then just take a look at Orange's they are unlikely to be much different.

Back
Top Bottom