*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
It has made me question whether it is worth it tbh. It is becoming less economical to do so, I certainly won't be taking up their offer and buying out my contract which I was considering.
Well of course it is not economical to upgrade. Upgrading is never, ever economical.

However, it depends on whether or not the value you can extract from iPhone ownership tallies with the cost of it.

Soldato
Well of course it is not economical to upgrade. Upgrading is never, ever economical.

Is it not? Before the iPhone I could upgrade to a newer, better handset with a similar or often better deal on a 12 month basis. Sometimes I could even sell my old phone and net a small profit.

Now however, with the iPhone, the contracts are getting longer, the initial outlay is rising and the ppm is rising.

However, it depends on whether or not the value you can extract from iPhone ownership tallies with the cost of it.

Agreed.... and that is the problem, the iPhone is hands down the best phone I have used and unfortunately I'm kinda hooked. But between now and December when my contract finishes I'll be keeping my eye on other phones !

Associate
Getting kind of bored of visiting the Vodafone shop now personally, went in yesterday morning and this morning and they still have no more info on when pre-orders will be starting or when they are releasing pricing either. Oh well, just have to go in again tomorrow.

Soldato
Getting kind of bored of visiting the Vodafone shop now personally, went in yesterday morning and this morning and they still have no more info on when pre-orders will be starting or when they are releasing pricing either. Oh well, just have to go in again tomorrow.
The Internet will know the Vodafone price plans before anyone in a Voda shop does.

Soldato
Is it not? Before the iPhone I could upgrade to a newer, better handset with a similar or often better deal on a 12 month basis. Sometimes I could even sell my old phone and net a small profit.

Now however, with the iPhone, the contracts are getting longer, the initial outlay is rising and the ppm is rising.
!

I've not seen a 12 month contract in years, 18 months is pretty much standard now.

The iPhone is a premium phone, and they know they can charge and people will pay it. If you spend a lot of money on your phone a month, then I'm sure your network would be happy to give you a phone for free or cheaply, but not an iPhone.

TJM

TJM

Associate
Does anyone know if the Apple stores are guaranteeing an iPhone if you reserved one? I have one reserved and one on order, and I'd like to cancel the order as I don't want to take time off work to hang about waiting for it at home.

Edit: the confirmation e-mail seems to answer this question:

Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

Edit 2: Scratch that. I called Regent Street and they said they will have stock to cover all reservations and they will be held for 24 hours. I'll check again in a few days but looks good for now.

Last edited:
Associate
Takes 2 days for the number to swap when you use a pac code, and getting the code is instant so nothing you can do to make it any faster if you get a phone launch day your going to have to wait 2 days until your number is moved across.

unless companies plan for this and let you pre-order and pac the number across 2days before pick up.

Last edited:
Associate
Absolutely. I did the same thing a week ago. :)

PAC code ready to go if I want to switch! (Which I do, to Orange or 3).

i just joined three (from o2) on a rolling contract called a sim15 you get....

Unlimited texts

Unlimited 3-to-3 calls

Free Windows Live ™ Messenger chats

Free Skype-to-Skype calls

Free Voicemail

and 1GB of internet

all for £15 a month plus i can leave after a month if i want

Associate
Answering my own question

"Thank you very much for getting in touch.

I can confirm that when recycling your device, all we require is the iPhone fully charged, plus the USB cable.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me back."

Soldato
I expect it to be the same as o2 Belloni; they want to sign you up for another 18/24 months. :(

Hmmm damn, can I not just extend my contract?! I'd rather just pay £119 for the phone instead of paying an added £200 to end the contract which is practically the same contract to anyways on the iPhone.

Associate
i just joined three (from o2) on a rolling contract called a sim15 you get....

Unlimited texts

Unlimited 3-to-3 calls

Free Windows Live ™ Messenger chats

Free Skype-to-Skype calls

Free Voicemail

and 1GB of internet

all for £15 a month plus i can leave after a month if i want

I've checked out all the sim only offerings from both networks but decided I want a subsidized phone with 24 month contract. :)

Associate
The Internet will know the Vodafone price plans before anyone in a Voda shop does.
When it takes all of 30 seconds to walk to the shop it doesn't really matter. I'm not really that bothered what the plans are now anyway having seen Orange's offerings. I simply want to pre-order and I'd much rather do it in store than online.

Associate
Am I guaranteed a iphone in apple store got my confirmation of pre order already and says it will be there for me on 24th, do I have to go there at opening time or could I walk in any time during the day and still have my iphone waiting

Soldato
;)
Am I guaranteed a iphone in apple store got my confirmation of pre order already and says it will be there for me on 24th, do I have to go there at opening time or could I walk in any time during the day and still have my iphone waiting

I was told I can go any time it reserved for me as went in store today get it confirmed and the store manager emailed me saying my iPhone is reserved and granted a iPhone so kept the email incase

Man of Honour
erm in regard to the pricing the iphone tariffs are set by apple and not the network, just thought you all should know :)

so when slagging off orange or whoevers prices, be prepared for them to be the same on your network.

Back
Top Bottom