*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
240 dpi vs 326dpi is pretty significant at the distance you hold your phone.

With live traffic, safety cameras , voice to text and auto volume reduction during calls?

This is my point; other smartphones to the basics but the iPhone takes functionality and quality to another level.

It's the details that matter ;)

I need to stop comming in the Apple forums, but people like you need to open your eyes.

Most smart phones can do everything the next one does.

And as for your "uses" you are mainly talking about APPS that people (NOT apple) have made, and guess what, android has that too :o

Your right, you cannot get TomTom (Not that id pay that much for satnav anyway)

BUT Android has FREE satnav, OR you can buy copilot (OMG you can get it on the iPhone too)

See, seems you are blinded by jobs and apple advertising.

Oh and as for other smartphones being "basic" you do know the iPhone is just a menu screen right?

Associate
Ordered my iPhone last friday from O2, turned up on monday even though they said could be 2-3 weeks.
Took an hour or so to get it how i wanted after restoring from my 3GS.
But more than happy with it.
Use mine mainly for emails as exchange synch is so easy and just works.
Plus got loads of camera apps, incredibooth being latest one.

Overall very impressed with it, no dropped calls, though i can make it loose signal with the "vulcan nerve pinch".
Am i worried about that? nope.

Soldato
Hopefuly the apple deluded hype monkeys and haters will start posting less and this thread can get back on track!

Ordered my iPhone last friday from O2, turned up on monday even though they said could be 2-3 weeks.
Took an hour or so to get it how i wanted after restoring from my 3GS.
But more than happy with it.
Use mine mainly for emails as exchange synch is so easy and just works.
Plus got loads of camera apps, incredibooth being latest one.

Overall very impressed with it, no dropped calls, though i can make it loose signal with the "vulcan nerve pinch".
Am i worried about that? nope.
Nice sig, a few camera apps stopped working on my 1st gen after they upgraded to ios4 :( missing Hipstamatic... What's it like on the 4? Slow at full res?
Still, I saved ?500 getting a Desire, which has been used to get a.... Panny GF1 :cool:
________
Iolite Vaporizer Review

Last edited:
Soldato
Gents, I want an iPhone. Are the signal issues still there? Also why have Tesco been out of stock for weeks?
Cheers.

Issue is still there but I've never had a problem woth it! They are giving free cases away from today but no news on that yet

As for the stock being sold out for weeks I guess it means they have sold them all :p

Soldato
Gents, I want an iPhone. Are the signal issues still there? Also why have Tesco been out of stock for weeks?
Cheers.

I'm on Tesco Mobile, you either have to call you local store or Tesco Direct everyday and hopefully get lucky, i think the signal issues depends on the network strength in your area, when I death grip my phone at home it stays at 5 bars, but when tried it at my friend's house it dropped from 5 bars to 3.

Man of Honour
Cheers.

The signal issue is there but it depends on various things, if you use your phone a lot at home you'll want to avoid the problem, so order one and try it, if its awful, return it.

(Make sure you can return it though)

Back
Top Bottom