*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
...should be more anti any big company putting restrictions on.
Yeah, good point. The question is why? Surely in Apple's case they've done the sums and worked out that such restrictions are profitable in the long run. Looking at their financial results it looks like they are right.

But on the other hand there are some big companies that are totally open... Nokia's Symbian for example.

So why does the market reward restrictions, locked down stuff? I know I tend not to buy stuff with artificial locks. A bought an audio book from iTunes ones - it was locked and I couldn't play it on my SanDisk Sansa MP3 player. It was the last thing I bought from iTunes!

Soldato
To tether with my Nexus One I simply go into settings and select 'Portable WiFi hotspot'!

Easy as pie... no hacking or rage against the machine needed!

Last edited:
Associate
Envirofone:

8GB 3G = £130
16GB 3G = £160

Mazuma:

8GB 3G = £141
16GB 3G = £172

o2 Recycle:

8GB 3G = £124
16GB 3G = £150

2) If you buy a sim-free iPhone from Apple, you'll be able to cut down your sim card or ask o2 to send you out a Micro-Sim. Then you can swap your current tariff to the MicroSim and carry on using it.

3) If you mean the free bumpber/cases that lasts until September 30th.

Thanks, can I just walk into an apple store and pick one up there and then or is there a waiting list (if so how long?)

Soldato
Depends on the store, London will likely have a longer waiting list than a small store in the North. Best giving your local store a call and check.

Soldato
It's because people don't care that there phone DOES have a problem after spending £500 on a phone.

If you don't care about chucking money away like that then thats fine, but when people try and make out there is no problem when it has been proven by fact it gets annoying

you hit the nail on the head

this is a product that has a substantial premium attached to it (up front cost and excessive plan costs).

It should be put under scrutiny

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
So what ROM are you guys running on yours?

Gism0.jpg

Associate
Depends on the store, London will likely have a longer waiting list than a small store in the North. Best giving your local store a call and check.

Any one have any idea about the Manchester store (I presume there is a wait there as it is always heaving!) I am not sure if I am going to be able to leave the office before it closes. If not I'll try and ring them later

Don
Guys I know Apple plan on setting something up on their website to get a free Bumper but I've found another case I like in Carphone WH, If I buy this will I be able to claim the money back? I don't have an Apple store near me so how would I go about doing it?

Soldato
Guys I know Apple plan on setting something up on their website to get a free Bumper but I've found another case I like in Carphone WH, If I buy this will I be able to claim the money back? I don't have an Apple store near me so how would I go about doing it?

Can't say 100%, but I'm pretty sure they won't just refund you for any case you buy. The refund only applies to bumpers and they're going to offer a selection of cases later this week. Might be best waiting a day or two and see if they case you want is on offer from Apple instead.

Back
Top Bottom