*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Caporegime
So what ROM are you guys running on yours?

Gism0.jpg

Oh look its the Android fanboi:p...

Soldato
Why would I want it, I have a brain that works unlike most of apples consumer base(this doesn't include those that actually have a serious use for apple computers).

It's really quite funny that most of those who mock Apple users for buying their gear through an irrational attraction to 'the shiny' are the same people who have such an irrational hatred of Apple that they're unable to consider that buyers might be capable of making a rational decision to purchase Apple products because of their well-documented plus points.

If Apple gear isn't for you, fair enough. But don't act like the iPhone is the worst phone in history and anyone who buys it must be a moron.

Soldato
The iPhone 4 is just so versatile.

I use I mine for :

Phone - with video calling
Camera - Photos
Camera - HD Video recording with editing and publishing.
Sat Nav - TomTom with HD Traffic
Personal Music player - Gym
In car music - Line in to car
Awesome home music system player - B&W Zeppelin
Mobile Gaming
Mobile Internet & E-mail
Portable book reader
Torch ;)
Alarm Clock
+ a load more useful Apps - Train Line, AA Parking, Around Me, Weather Pro....

Nothing else on the market offers all of this in one device - I love it !! :)

Soldato
wondering are they any app that allows you to use facetime thinga-me bob to chat to a pleb on pc?

Not so far, but I'm certain it'll come eventually, if not from Apple from a 3rd party when (if) it becomes an open standard. Which means you'll be able to call anyone with a camera and an internet connection (Mac, PC, iPod Touch, etc)

Soldato
Apart from every other smartphone? (not including what's up my nose cam)
Last time I checked the B&W Zepplin didn't work with any other smartphone ;)
The same for TomTom Nav and no other device has the resolution to read books without binoculars ;)

Seriously you need to learn ;)

Soldato
Last time I checked the B&W Zepplin didn't work with any other smartphone ;)
The same for TomTom Nav and no other device has the resolution to read books without binoculars ;)

Seriously you need to learn ;)

What are you on about, I've read plenty on my Desire and I don't need any reading aids.

There isn't much difference in the resolution really.

Also why use tom tom when I have Google Maps with voice gps for directions?

Not to start a ****ing match, but the other phones can easily do the same and more sometimes. You buy what is right for you, and what you need.

As for that I didn't need an iPhone this time. Who knows maybe I'll grab the iPhone 5 next time instead of an Android or Windows one. Could be a Blackberry again.

Soldato
The thing i miss most from android (ex hero owner) on my iphone (a first time apple user) are the widgets. I really miss having a customisable home screen space; the iphonme homescreen feels like a lego set in comparison to the android mini desktop. I would love to have flash so i could view the bbc website properly too.

Itunes is honestly the most annoying piece of software i have used in my life. I loathe it with such a passion; i have 675 albums and it took me 3 hours to get about 30 itunes ready on saturday. the thought of doing that for the next year makes me want to cry. Then there is the video encoding... grrrr

On the plus side, the screen is amazing on the iphone and the general user "feel" is superb (would love a 4.3" version to maximise the usefulness of that resolution). The battery life is excellent too. The whole phone is incredibly smooth which just makes it feel so much nicer. this is obviously an intangible and entirely personal

If, however, an android phone came out that was an smooth as the iphone, i think the iphone would be 2nd best (in my eyes)

Soldato
There isn't much difference in the resolution really.
240 dpi vs 326dpi is pretty significant at the distance you hold your phone.

Also why use tom tom when I have Google Maps with voice gps for directions?
With live traffic, safety cameras , voice to text and auto volume reduction during calls?

This is my point; other smartphones to the basics but the iPhone takes functionality and quality to another level.

It's the details that matter ;)

Soldato
Dont suppose anyone has ordered from Vodafone lately and can give an indication on how long it took from placing your order to recieving the phone. Ordered mine today and I am wondering how long I can expect to wait before I get mine :)

Man of Honour
With live traffic, safety cameras , voice to text and auto volume reduction during calls?

This is my point; other smartphones to the basics but the iPhone takes functionality and quality to another level.

It's the details that matter ;)

Are you really calling Android 'basic' compared to an iPhone? :p

Back
Top Bottom