The all new Xbox Live Gamertag Site including leaderboard, gamertag db, stats & more!

Soldato
Sid, have you thought about opening this out past OcUK? I think it could really be quite a hit!

Perhaps allowing people to create their own clans or groups, so that for instance, OcUK was just one of many? I am sure there are loads of internet groups and forums that have gamers who would be interested in playing together - especially if you get the 'would like to play' feature working. I know that on forums like AVForums and Piston Heads they quite frequently talk about gaming and if anyone else on the forum is into a game.

Another thought was allowing a registered gamer to create his own 'Friends List', where they can compare their own mates who might not be a part of a group. Again for instance, I would like to see 5 of my mates who don't use OcUK. If I could add them and then click on a friends button to see the list it would be most cool!

Anyway, just a few more ideas to keep you busy - if you aren't enough already! Keep up the good work, the site really is very cool :)

Soldato
When I suggested opening it out, I didn't mean to loose the OcUK identity or allow non OcUK gamers to use the OcUK one.

Perhaps have a group setup / registration page that was separate from the OcUK one and styling. Perhaps allow the creator to select a couple of base colors to be used, a heading or even allow them to upload an image? Once the new group creator had completed registration they would be issued with an address to pass onto others from their new group.

Or perhaps this is too hard? ;) I was just trying to think of some cool stuff to try and do as I know if I had managed to do what Sid had done I wouldn't be satisfied in thinking 'I can't do anymore'....I would be wanting to constantly make it better. Developing can be addictive!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Sid, have you thought about opening this out past OcUK? I think it could really be quite a hit!

Perhaps allowing people to create their own clans or groups, so that for instance, OcUK was just one of many? I am sure there are loads of internet groups and forums that have gamers who would be interested in playing together - especially if you get the 'would like to play' feature working. I know that on forums like AVForums and Piston Heads they quite frequently talk about gaming and if anyone else on the forum is into a game.

Another thought was allowing a registered gamer to create his own 'Friends List', where they can compare their own mates who might not be a part of a group. Again for instance, I would like to see 5 of my mates who don't use OcUK. If I could add them and then click on a friends button to see the list it would be most cool!

Anyway, just a few more ideas to keep you busy - if you aren't enough already! Keep up the good work, the site really is very cool :)
When I suggested opening it out, I didn't mean to loose the OcUK identity or allow non OcUK gamers to use the OcUK one.

Perhaps have a group setup / registration page that was separate from the OcUK one and styling. Perhaps allow the creator to select a couple of base colors to be used, a heading or even allow them to upload an image? Once the new group creator had completed registration they would be issued with an address to pass onto others from their new group.

Or perhaps this is too hard? ;) I was just trying to think of some cool stuff to try and do as I know if I had managed to do what Sid had done I wouldn't be satisfied in thinking 'I can't do anymore'....I would be wanting to constantly make it better. Developing can be addictive!

To be honest the thought did cross my mind. The reasons for creating the site were these: OcUK doesn't really have one for such a large community we have here, to learn C# after not coding a single line of any language since leaving my last job and lastly to put into practice in a very hobbyist way, DB fundamentals from Uni and stuff I am picking up at work. Some of these are useful skills!

I have always wanted to eventually run a successful site that snowballs into something huge but in this regard, to be honest a lot of sites already do 99% of what I have done here, a lot better. I will continue to improve and adapt the site as time goes on and I have written the database and core logic in a way that it could be 'generalised' off of the OcUK forums, but whatever happens in future this site will always be OcUK specific. The only thing that will shove me into creating something separate is if I come up with a unique feature or idea that the other sites have yet to come up with and my coding madskills improve somewhat.

In short, this is just a small hobbyist project to be honest, but who know eh?

P.S. The site DB update just finished.

Back
Top Bottom