The all new Xbox Live Gamertag Site including leaderboard, gamertag db, stats & more!

Soldato
To be honest the thought did cross my mind. The reasons for creating the site were these: OcUK doesn't really have one for such a large community we have here, to learn C# after not coding a single line of any language since leaving my last job and lastly to put into practice in a very hobbyist way, DB fundamentals from Uni and stuff I am picking up at work. Some of these are useful skills!

I have always wanted to eventually run a successful site that snowballs into something huge but in this regard, to be honest a lot of sites already do 99% of what I have done here, a lot better. I will continue to improve and adapt the site as time goes on and I have written the database and core logic in a way that it could be 'generalised' off of the OcUK forums, but whatever happens in future this site will always be OcUK specific. The only thing that will shove me into creating something separate is if I come up with a unique feature or idea that the other sites have yet to come up with and my coding madskills improve somewhat.

In short, this is just a small hobbyist project to be honest, but who know eh?

P.S. The site DB update just finished.
Sure, fair enough mate :)

Associate
Great job sid, how are there so many different gamer pics, I seem to be very limited in my choice of avatar and there are some really cool ones there.

Can anyone help me on how to expand my choice is it done by completing games or do you have to but them individually?

On a side note could someone sticky this thread as its really useful. Cheers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great job sid, how are there so many different gamer pics, I seem to be very limited in my choice of avatar and there are some really cool ones there.

Can anyone help me on how to expand my choice is it done by completing games or do you have to but them individually?

On a side note could someone sticky this thread as its really useful. Cheers.

Bit of both, you can buy gamerpics, a few games have unlockable ones, other SE editions (i.e Mass Effect, Perfect Dark Zero) have free ones on the bonus discs :)

Back
Top Bottom