The all new Xbox Live Gamertag Site including leaderboard, gamertag db, stats & more!

Soldato
OP
What games are the banner pics taken from, in particular the guy on the horse and the spacecraft over the city and the ruined city with the crooked fountain?
The horse one is Assassin's Creed, the spacecraft one is Mass Effect and the fountain one is Gears of War.

Matty1176
Viper Mrk 6
Konvict VIVIVI
Added!

Sid, Ammocity (5bjoshua) has changed his gamertag and forum username to Logsi
Thanks for the heads up, I wondered who this Logsi chap was :D

Soldato
OP
Hey guys. Just an update to say I'm deep into programming version 3.0 of the site, currently designing the new back-end to grab data etc. I'm not past the point of no return yet so I'd appreciate any ideas/requests people have on what they'd like to see. Here's what I have so far:

Backend
  • More data gathered including scores for individual games, number of achievements and last played dates.
  • Full list of played games, not just those that you've played recently (this will also remove games if you delete them from the dash and ignores any arcade demos that may be on your profile before the firmware update that stopped demos being tracked).
  • Still limited to one refresh per day and I can't track individual achievements (more of a I can, but it would mean a lot more page requests (number of gamers * number of games played)).

Frontend
  • User logons and signups, possibly based on Windows Live accounts rather than having to remember another password (if I can get the SDK to play nice with PHP).
  • User customisable profile pages (a la Facebook but a lot less complicated and no apps).
  • 'Would like to meet sections' to advertise what games you'd like to play with people.
  • User ratings and comments on games.
  • Other user generated data such as tagging keywords against games and pictures, selecting banners for each game, assigning genres etc.
  • Metacritic scores to compare against user scores.
  • More robust website, probably using a new theme.
  • Make the site standards compliant.
  • Switch to better, more readable graphing software.
  • More metrics!
  • MUCH faster response times, currently there is a lot of SQL querying going on in the background when you load a page, my new backend should pre-process the data so pages should be quicker to load (if not, I'll bug my host).

Soldato
OP
Hmm. I think I could do it. Basically each day I run the the program, it will pick up the last played date. So from that I could infer which days you played the game on, though this wouldn't work retroactively. As for exact times, I'd have to run the script say every hour, but I don't have the resources to do that. I wish MS would at least return my emails. Most of the community developer sites that have access to the Xbox live web service have gone under, so I'd love to have access to that feed. It would make my life so much easier!

Everyone who has request to be added, I'll add you when I get home from work tonight.

Soldato
OP
Hey guys, just a heads up to say there might not be an update again tonight, I am rebuilding the PC the updater is hosted on and it's taking longer than expected.

In other news I have finished work on the new update software to track a lot more info, so all I have to do now is build the website to go with it. :cool:

Soldato
OP
gamertag : McLuvin UK
Added, though you possibly won't appear tonight unless I get my PC back up.

Woo-hoo! Just out of interest is anyone else finding the site loads a bit slower these days? Is this due to the amount of users?
Yeah it's the number of users. For each page there are dozens of complex SQL queries going on, and as the number of users increases it becomes more complicated. Therefore on the new site I'm putting together the data is 'pre-built' on my PC in the correct form and then uploaded to the website, so that the queries are a lot simpler. This should mean it runs a lot faster.

Soldato
OP
BenaglBoyX
Added! You'll both appear tonight when the update is run.

Fancy a race, who ever can increase the GS by 10,000 the quickest lol
Functionality to track challenges like this is planned on the new website ;)

In hoping to get the website put together next week. I have a Microsoft Exam to take before then so I haven't been able to devote any time to the site.

Soldato
OP
Sweet, just one thing. There is a zero missing of my name, with a link to OCUK ;) Could you sort that some time thanks :)
Fixed!

Moody41 took the top spot from ME!!! then Wyrdo took 2nd place a few months after... the LIESSSSSSS!!!!!!
There was a day a few months back where certain people's scores seemed to drop to 0 one evening, probably a bug at MS' end. This meant that the stats all went crazy. It's on the to do list to fix in the next version!

Added!

Back
Top Bottom