• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Had a bit of a wobble with 22.5.2 and Cyberpunk. Loaded my save and the audio was glitching in and out and the game was juddering all over the place. Verified the game files which didn't help. So in the end I did DDU in safe mode, then back into normal windows, let MS update install the display driver and then I did a minimal install (usually I do full but kept meaning to go to minimal). Did "factory reset" as well just for good measure. Once I was back up and running Cyberpunk was OK. However I did leave 10-bit pixel format disabled this time. So it could be perhaps 22.5.2 + 10-bit pixel format, or it was just going from 22.5.1 > 22.5.2 caused the issue. However, all is well now. Nice to see the right-click menu item isn't under "show more options" anymore too. :)

@Firegod I just fired up Cyberpunk after installing the 22.5.2 driver and with 10 bit pixel format enabled I have no issues so don't know what went wrong. I personally always factory resets when installing a new display driver for my 6700xt.
Thanks for testing. Obviously just a hitch. It's the first time I've had to do a DDU. I usually just go straight across from driver to driver. But I think I'll do it from now on.

Any difference with DDU vs AMDs own cleanup utility (open question) ?

Hi there, we're tracking this for the HP Reverb G series and I don't believe it has been addressed yet. Are you experiencing this issue with another model headset?
Thanks for checking. It is the Reverb G2 that I am having issues with.
The previous driver works lovely but the preview one didn't unfortunately.

Weird question perhaps but I can't figure out which driver I presently using. Can't make heads or tails of the Driver Version but the Software Version seems to be closer named like the driver downloads. So if that is right, then if I'm reading it right it is 2021.10.5 but I do not have such a driver downloaded. Have a 2021.10.4 though.

And yes I know, should upgrade but it been working so not been bothered with is, still working but since I started gaming a bit more again thought I update them. Just wanted to know which driver I actually using presently incase it goes pear shaped for me. :o

NG05rum.gif

Thanks for testing. Obviously just a hitch. It's the first time I've had to do a DDU. I usually just go straight across from driver to driver. But I think I'll do it from now on.

Any difference with DDU vs AMDs own cleanup utility (open question) ?
I prefer using the installer(factory reset option + don't keep user settings) to clean up the previous driver as it always works for me. DDU has failed me a few times but I did use it a lot years ago when I ran nvidia in the machine.

Thanks for the info. I will sit on my current driver. (You saved me some time today)
@Twinz and @AMD_Vik
I have now upgraded to windows 11 and thought I would give the new driver a go (needed to install some anyway so thought why not) and they are working now with the Reverb G2 and 6800xt. Flickering and blank screen have gone and I have not seen any issues over the last couple of days so seems like they have be fixed now. This is the 22.5.2 driver for Win11 but guess it's the same driver for Win10 and 11.

Back
Top Bottom