• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

In AMD Software, go to Settings -> Display and turn on Virtual Super Resolution, then you can increase the resolution in Windows -> Settings -> Display

Appreciate the reply but what I'm trying to convey is the option to enable VSR is simply not there, Everything else is i.e enable Freesync etc... but not VSR.

JediFragger:
Also note that the GN has a quite odd resolution of 3840x1600 so may not have been accounted for by AMD due its rarity.

True, Shame it works with Nvidia cards though going back to the 2000 series.

Ah, weird, sorry mate. I have an Old Dell U3415W so I thought if it worked for this old donkey it would be there for your smexy-spec screen, my bad obviously.

Maybe its a DP thing, are u using hdmi? Or maybe its the cable thats making it not show, can u show a screenshot of ur display window in amd sw?
Using display port, Also tried a few different cables just to see if it's hardware related and it's not, Here's the screenshot, As you can see VSR is simply missing -

xNGeZst.jpg

Could it be resolution related, like @JediFragger suggested? Reason I say that is that your screen is 3840x1600, but the screenshot @AMD_Vik shows a resution of 3840x1620?

Appreciate its unlikely, but perhaps its not giving the option due to the mismatch?

Could be but until, IF, An AMD software person looks into it we won't know.

turn off gpu scaling, might work then. Maybe integer scaling too?

If gpu scaling off doesnt work right away try rebooting then if still doesnt work, try keeping it off then go to system/factory reset and reboot.

Failing this check if ur refresh rate is the problem, i think u have 144 but it can overdrive to 160. Try 120/144, if using 160.

Last edited:
turn off gpu scaling, might work then. Maybe integer scaling too?

If gpu scaling off doesnt work right away try rebooting then if still doesnt work, try keeping it off then go to system/factory reset and reboot.

Failing this check if ur refresh rate is the problem, i think u have 144 but it can overdrive to 160. Try 120/144, if using 160.

Appreciate it but I've tried all of that, Nothing works, I think this is just a matter of AMD not supporting this resolution which is a little sad considering an RTX 2070 I tried a bit back supported it no problem, You'd think with their current top of the line GPU VSR would be supported at any resolution.

Last edited:
How do you update drivers, ddu or amds method?

Yea hopefully amd rep can help when he gets to check here.

Dont suppose adding a custom res using override option to get a more standardized res near ur res might help to trick it to show vsr option?

How do you update drivers, ddu or amds method?

Yea hopefully amd rep can help when he gets to check here.

Dont suppose adding a custom res using override option to get a more standardized res near ur res might help to trick it to show vsr option?

I've used both AMD's method and eventually DDU, Also tried the custom res option, VSR still doesn't show up, I think it's simply down to VSR not being compatible with my native res.

Last edited:
@Twinz and @AMD_Vik
I have now upgraded to windows 11 and thought I would give the new driver a go (needed to install some anyway so thought why not) and they are working now with the Reverb G2 and 6800xt. Flickering and blank screen have gone and I have not seen any issues over the last couple of days so seems like they have be fixed now. This is the 22.5.2 driver for Win11 but guess it's the same driver for Win10 and 11.

Still strobing on windows 10 with Adrenalin 22.5.2 Optional (WHQL). 5800X3D/6800XT/Reverb G1.

Known Issues

Performance drop may be experienced while playing Fortnite™ with Multithreaded Rendering and DirectX® 11 API on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon® RX 6900 XT Graphics.
Stuttering may be experienced while playing Call of Duty®: Warzone™ on the Caldera map with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon® RX 6900 XT Graphics.
Higher than expected CPU usage when Instant Replay is enabled on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon® RX 6900 XT Graphics.
GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
Display may flicker black during video playback plus gameplay on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
Using Radeon™ Super Resolution on 2560x1600 resolution displays may produce a system hang. A temporary workaround is to set the display Scaling Mode to Full Panel.

Annoying browser issue with the May preview drivers and 22.5.2

Using firefox
One instance open on second monitor streaming video, mainly with twitch though sometimes happens with youtube.
Another instance open on main monitor, general web browsing. Seems it can happen on any/all web pages but twitter is really bad for it.
Scrolling up/down the page or moving the mouse around and having the cursor go over links.
There are random flashes of images, the images are always different areas of either of the two browser windows.
Mostly from the main monitor browser but sometimes even from what the browser on the second monitor is showing.
Doesn't happen with the 22.5.1 drivers.

Win10, 6700XT

Annoying browser issue with the May preview drivers and 22.5.2

Using firefox
One instance open on second monitor streaming video, mainly with twitch though sometimes happens with youtube.
Another instance open on main monitor, general web browsing. Seems it can happen on any/all web pages but twitter is really bad for it.
Scrolling up/down the page or moving the mouse around and having the cursor go over links.
There are random flashes of images, the images are always different areas of either of the two browser windows.
Mostly from the main monitor browser but sometimes even from what the browser on the second monitor is showing.
Doesn't happen with the 22.5.1 drivers.

Win10, 6700XT
I reported this personally just over a month ago. It's related to animated content / vector objects on pages relative to your main display's refresh rate (144Hz in my case).

A fix for this has already been made and it should arrive in a future driver release.

Cheers

I reported this personally just over a month ago. It's related to animated content / vector objects on pages relative to your main display's refresh rate (144Hz in my case).

A fix for this has already been made and it should arrive in a future driver release.

Cheers

Nice! Thanks for the update, will look forward to the fix.
My main display is also 144Hz.

Cheers

I know it's a very niche monitor resolution but is there any chance you could nudge your driver peeps to add the res of 3840x1600 to the supported resolutions for virtual super resolution pretty please ? With Nvidia I am able to use DSR and have all types of much higher resolutions on my 3840x1600 display, Very useful for much older titles and getting rid of aliasing, Would be nice to be able to do the same with my 6950XT :)

Back
Top Bottom