• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

No doubt on that... This bug seems to crop up almost on every driver release I can remember on the 6000 series.

Think I've missed the delivery window so will wait now till after Christmas and hopefully DPD will be back on track as they've been delayed on all my deliveries this month.
DPD delivery my last order to the wrong place, had a picture of a lady's feet in a doorway saying your item has been delivered. They did re-deliver to the correct place after a few hours though, so that was good.

DPD delivery my last order to the wrong place, had a picture of a lady's feet in a doorway saying your item has been delivered. They did re-deliver to the correct place after a few hours though, so that was good.

Don't remind me as I had this happen to me last year with a new driver. A few nearby neighbours of mine are very questionable and dread to think should one of my orders drops at their feet will I ever see it again! Thankfully, haven't had this issue since I contacted OcUK about my last experience.

Well on the startup ones like 40° on the wow video. HDR one It's not using any GPU it's like on zero fan as it's just an app to calibrate your monitor

With the default fan profile, it doesn't go above 90 on the junction temp. Using an EVGA 1000W P6, using three cables as initially was using two.no extensions.

Also, even in games with high frame rates it seems to stutter for no reason
Try turning off Adaptive Sync.

Well on the startup ones like 40° on the wow video. HDR one It's not using any GPU it's like on zero fan as it's just an app to calibrate your monitor

With the default fan profile, it doesn't go above 90 on the junction temp. Using an EVGA 1000W P6, using three cables as initially was using two.no extensions.

Also, even in games with high frame rates it seems to stutter for no reason
sounds like a faulty card, i would rma it if i were you. especially if y9ouve tried everyhting else like ddu'ing the drivers etc

sounds like a faulty card, i would rma it if i were you. especially if y9ouve tried everyhting else like ddu'ing the drivers etc

I am in process. if it comes back saying its not faulty I'll just remove it at that point and sell to somewhere like CEX. Wouldn't want to sell on here.

That's unfortunate, mine drops to about 7W with a 240Hz refresh rate. Is there perhaps a background application causing it to run a little higher?

Not that I can see, nor is it causing any stability or issues? I only just checked out of curiosity of this thread?

Yep AFAIK.

It's worse on rdna3 but the high idle power draw occurs on rdna2 as well. The wattage is much lower on rdna2 but the behaviour that leads to it is the same; hopefully when the drivers fix rdna3 it fixes it for rdna2 as well. They've already fixed the video playback issue as I mentioned above

Last edited:
Not that I can see, nor is it causing astability or issues? I only just checked out of curiosity of this thread?

Yeah, it won't cause any problems. I tend to find mine hovers around the same as yours if I have certain application windows open. It was around 40W until a driver update about a year ago.

Same issue as was on the 6700xt? Mine is usually single digits at idle on a 4k 120Hz TV. Can't remember if driver updates fixed it, but I used 'Custom Resolution Utility' to remove old profiles. That sorted out high idle draw for me.

Yeah, it won't cause any problems. I tend to find mine hovers around the same as yours if I have certain application windows open. It was around 40W until a driver update about a year ago.

Just done a clean install of Windows 11 and latest drivers and idle wattage is down to 6 watts.

Excellent. I'm still on the fence about moving to Windows 11, it would slow down my boot times due to the fTPM requirement, although perhaps that'll change with the latest BIOS for my mobo.

I usually update my BIOS a month after a new release. Not noticed any issues with Windows 11 since moving from Windows 10, I was on the fence for awhile until I got a 13600KF deal.

Excellent. I'm still on the fence about moving to Windows 11, it would slow down my boot times due to the fTPM requirement, although perhaps that'll change with the latest BIOS for my mobo.
What fTPM problem affects boot times? What CPU/chipset, my am4 system with AMD's fTPM boots in about 10 seconds on Windows 11.

Back
Top Bottom