• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Is AMD allergic to releasing drivers lately?
Are you waiting for them to fix some specific problems that you are experiencing?
I only make the point as we sometimes fall into the trap of thinking that the more often a company releases driver updates, the better they are vs the company who release updates less frequently simply because they don't need to.

Are you waiting for them to fix some specific problems that you are experiencing?
I only make the point as we sometimes fall into the trap of thinking that the more often a company releases driver updates, the better they are vs the company who release updates less frequently simply because they don't need to.

Yeah with certain games, what company a GPU is from does not bother me and never has. I'll take anything i like at the time.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.1.2 for AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 Series Graphics and Forspoken™ Release Notes​

Highlights​

• Support for:
    • Forspoken™
    • IREE compiler using MLIR interface on Vulkan.
    • Additional Vulkan® extensions. Click here for more information.

Fixed Issues​

• AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition may fail to launch with the error message “Delayed Write Failed” on Microsoft® Windows® 11 version 22H2.
  • Poor performance and load time may be observed while playing SpaceEngine™.
  • Missing or flickering textures may be observed while playing Emergency 4™.

Known Issues​

• High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays.
  • Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configuration.
  • Stuttering may be observed in UNCHARTED™ 4: A Thief’s End during the opening game sequence.
  • Stuttering may be observed in Forspoken™ when dynamic resolution is set to enabled.
  • Application crash may be observed while opening Premium Gold Packs in EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23.
  • Stuttering may be observed while playing Sea of Thieves™.
  • Corruption may be observed while playing Battlefield™ 4 with Post Process Quality settings set to high or ultra
  • Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance.
  • Maximum encode bitrate is limited to 100Mbps for certain applications.

Last edited:
I'd imagine the chiplet setup of rdna 3 makes it very different in the driver department.
I would think it’s seen as a single unit just like the last gen from a software/driver point of view, maybe it has some extra functions but most chips are self-contained with regard to the inner hardware architecture, even at the driver level.

I would think it’s seen as a single unit just like the last gen from a software/driver point of view, maybe it has some extra functions but most chips are self-contained with regard to the inner hardware architecture, even at the driver level.

Which might make them different enough to have different packages vs unified.

It turns out this was nothing to do with drivers, or any problem with the GPU, in fact it is user fault, the thinking now is they are ex mining cards that have been stored incorrectly, IE they have been wet, all these cards can from the same customer who bought them in bulk from again the same person.

JayZ2cents is now pretending he didn't really say it was anything to do with drivers, in fact he is citing his own arse covering disclaimers that he thought it was strange that drivers could cause this and that the complaint was only from one hardware repare guy..... the fact that they are all from the same customer was not said by any of them, had it been it could have been dismissed out of hand, they knew that.
Did you give AMD the curtsey of talking to them first so they could tell there is no way drivers could cause die cracking? no, you didn't.

No Jay you absolutely jumped on the same bandwagon der8ouwer or whatever is name is jumped on.

DO NOT BUY EX-MING CARDS!!!!!!

Last edited:
It turns out this was nothing to do with drivers, or any problem with the GPU, in fact it is user fault, the thinking now is they are ex mining cards that have been stored incorrectly, IE they have been wet, all these cards can from the same customer who bought them in bulk from again the same person.

JayZ2cents is now pretending he didn't really say it was anything to do with drivers, in fact he is citing his own arse covering disclaimers that he thought it was strange that drivers could cause this and that the complaint was only from one hardware repare guy..... no Jay you absolutly jumped on the same idiots bandwagon der8ouwer or whatever is name is jumped on.

Yes there was always more to this from the start but sadly drivers have damaged hardware before so was more of a heads up when I posted about it to let users know what was going round at the time about hardware they own. I'm happy to see it was not a general fault and just mistakes by a few people that were clearly miners and storing cards incorrectly. Well karma for the miners so no pity here sadly.

Also another miner game being played out on customers of their cards is this going round now too:-

People will learn to stay away from deals that seem to good to be true hopefully or make sure they buy things from reputable people.

Last edited:
No 6000 series driver for Forspoken ?
Nope, they h

JayZ2cents is now pretending he didn't really say it was anything to do with drivers, in fact he is citing his own arse covering disclaimers that he thought it was strange that drivers could cause this and that the complaint was only from one hardware repare guy..... the fact that they are all from the same customer was not said by any of them, had it been it could have been dismissed out of hand, they knew that.
Did you give AMD the curtsey of talking to them first so they could tell there is no way drivers could cause die cracking? no, you didn't.

No Jay you absolutely jumped on the same bandwagon der8ouwer or whatever is name is jumped on.

DO NOT BUY EX-MING CARDS!!!!!!

Worst thing about Jay was that he jumped on the bangwagon blaming drivers days after it was already known to be an isolated issue

Back
Top Bottom