• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
Didn't AMD release Xfire profiles seperately from the drivers at one time, so there was no waiting for the next driver that contained them ? (can't really remember now as was that long ago), if so, and they are now only adding them into the drivers again, then they've gone backwards, as now you're back to waiting well over a month for them.

Associate
Crossfire/SLI seems a waste of money these days, big games are always coming out with no support ready. There's no excuse really, I'm sure they have access to the games way before the early press releases even go out.

Soldato
I have to agree with that. So many of these new games I boot up and they don't work with crossfire and I end up just using a single card and by the time they fix it iv long completed the game and don't care anymore.
The second card just seems to be a paperweight these days unless your playing older games.

Soldato
Did I tell you I sorted my issue out?? It was my 290 mate I had to send it back to OCUK who also find a problem and replaced it for me.

Ah interesting. But that was a single card right? My problems only appear in crossfire and with my second monitor enabled. If I disable my 2nd screen everything is perfect.

Soldato
Ah interesting. But that was a single card right? My problems only appear in crossfire and with my second monitor enabled. If I disable my 2nd screen everything is perfect.

Nar only with Crossfire enabled.. Audio would stutter till in the end my PC would black screen with driver crash.. I knew it was hardware issue the min I changed the GPUs about and it started happening in Single GPU config..

What you getting DX high spikes is what I was getting..

Soldato
Nar only with Crossfire enabled.. Audio would stutter till in the end my PC would black screen with driver crash.. I knew it was hardware issue the min I changed the GPUs about and it started happening in Single GPU config..

What you getting DX high spikes is what I was getting..

Tested after swapping the cards: single card is still fine, xfire is still a problem. Problem still disappears after disabling my second monitor. :(

Guess I might as well sell one of them. I could put the other in my htpc downstairs, and I hear 970s are going cheap ;) so I could SLI with the one I won.

Soldato
Tested after swapping the cards: single card is still fine, xfire is still a problem. Problem still disappears after disabling my second monitor. :(

Guess I might as well sell one of them. I could put the other in my htpc downstairs, and I hear 970s are going cheap ;) so I could SLI with the one I won.

What connections are you using? Not that it should really matter tbh...
HDMI + DVI to HDMI here for my two screens and no issues fwiw.

Soldato
Yeah I was considering that myself. I'm using DP for my primary and hdmi to my secondary. That only has hdmi and analogue so I might borrow my gf's secondary to see if dvi changes anything. The thing is I'm not the only one having this exact same issue. There is a guy with 4 screens and if he has 3 in eyefinity and the fourth not, DPC goes through the roof. If he disables the fourth it is fine. 3 screens and no eyefinity, DPC through the roof. If he disables all but the gaming screen it's fine. Seems like a very specific issue to me.

Associate
My 290 is really really driving me mad now.

Fan is running ridiculously fast for no reason, everything is telling me its at 20% fan speed which is clearly isnt. Adjusting the fan speed or custom fan curve does nothing, fan still does its own thing :mad::mad:

Caporegime
OP
My 290 is really really driving me mad now.

Fan is running ridiculously fast for no reason, everything is telling me its at 20% fan speed which is clearly isnt. Adjusting the fan speed or custom fan curve does nothing, fan still does its own thing :mad::mad:

That's bizarre Dempsey. I would suggest trying a fresh install and following these steps.

1. Follow the AMD guide to uninstall your drivers.
2. Once drivers are fully uninstalled and you've restarted your pc, please download the latest version of DDU.
3. Extract that in your downloads folder and run it. Allow it to set a system restore point and follow the prompts. Say yes and allow it to restart into safe mode.
4. Click clean AMD and then restart.
5. Download and install the latest version of 14.12 Omega drivers from the AMD website.
6. Restart your pc to complete the install

Does the fan kick into full speed again? Leave other programs like Afterburner disabled for now to rule those out.

Associate
That's bizarre Dempsey. I would suggest trying a fresh install and following these steps.

1. Follow the AMD guide to uninstall your drivers.
2. Once drivers are fully uninstalled and you've restarted your pc, please download the latest version of DDU.
3. Extract that in your downloads folder and run it. Allow it to set a system restore point and follow the prompts. Say yes and allow it to restart into safe mode.
4. Click clean AMD and then restart.
5. Download and install the latest version of 14.12 Omega drivers from the AMD website.
6. Restart your pc to complete the install

Does the fan kick into full speed again? Leave other programs like Afterburner disabled for now to rule those out.

Just wondering before I do any of that , could it be an issue with the PCIE slot??

Associate
I have to agree with that. So many of these new games I boot up and they don't work with crossfire and I end up just using a single card and by the time they fix it iv long completed the game and don't care anymore.
The second card just seems to be a paperweight these days unless your playing older games.

That's just the way AMD work now. I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. Next card I plump for I'm just going to stick to the one.

Why am I using crossfire when I'm completing most games before I can even properly use it? Yes I know we can mostly use our own custom profiles mostly (thank god).

Surely someone at AMD must see this is madness to make their users wait for the next beta. How any one can stick to non beta is beyond me.

How long has it been since the last driver? Two months?

Back
Top Bottom