• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Where's my forsaken Elite Dangerous profile???

36967fddb32a431e65ff73866450b1cfa7144fb6210a823bd938b1f38264ab57.jpg

https://community.amd.com/thread/180249

"I understand your frustration. However, quality is our top priority and the driver will only be released when it meets our standards."

:rolleyes:

That is fair enough, I'm sure many people including myself don't want to face the issues that nvidia users are having with the latest update all because they rushed out the driver for TW 3 and I don't think anyone would have a problem waiting for an extra week but not ****ing months.... by the time you get the drivers out, people have completed or got bored of the game......

Yup it was so obvious we were going to get that response :p I posted just last week about how they will come out soon and say something along the lines of the driver having to be nothing but the best for our customers :D

My god..... AMD are digging themselves into the kind of hole that leads to failure, closely followed by bankruptcy. It is painful to watch. It is like a torture scene that never ends. Can someone please pass them Ubisoft's shovel so they can just get it over and done with quickly?

Late and sub par Crossfire profiles.
Extremely high CPU and driver overhead.
Failing to work with developers.
No mGPU FreeSync support.
Poor communication with customers.
Lack of driver features for the end user.

The list goes on.....

Nvidia users just get to play their games. AMD users however spend their time on forums fighting for answers and pleading for technical support. All we get is, "Wait for a patch" and "Drivers will be ready when they are ready". Thanks AMD.

There should be a warning at the top of this thread for anyone with depression to leave - this might tip them over the edge.

Can't say I blame you all though :D

I wonder if AMD are concentrating on Windows 10 drivers now with it being a month or so away from Release?

This long wait does seem rather worrying, Is there a chimp and an apprentice sat in the driver room scratching each others heads? :eek:

How amd drivers work now

Whql 2 a year maybe
Beta every couple of months
"Leaked" drivers everyweek but amd "didnt" release them officialy so if it screws everything up they cant be blamed.

I wonder if AMD are concentrating on Windows 10 drivers now with it being a month or so away from Release?

This long wait does seem rather worrying, Is there a chimp and an apprentice sat in the driver room scratching each others heads? :eek:

Nvidia already have official Windows 10 BETA's out, AMD don't.
Windows 10 isn't a month away from release, maybe RTM (Which is when they should be focusing on the drivers, hence the name)

Back
Top Bottom