• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

I dont understand why people are so up in arms about drivers being WHQL certified or not. It does not matter one bit. The only thing that matters is does the driver work. Im usually running beta drivers with no issue both now as a current nvidia user and back when i was running 7950s in crossfire. No biggie :)

Nvidia already have official Windows 10 BETA's out, AMD don't.
Windows 10 isn't a month away from release, maybe RTM (Which is when they should be focusing on the drivers, hence the name)

AMD win 10 drivers are actually very good. Tells something that modded win10 drivers for win7/8(.1) are right now easily best performing drivers out. A lot less overhead in those drivers.

I dont understand why people are so up in arms about drivers being WHQL certified or not. It does not matter one bit. The only thing that matters is does the driver work. Im usually running beta drivers with no issue both now as a current nvidia user and back when i was running 7950s in crossfire. No biggie :)

I agree personally, doesn't matter one bit to me. However, because they're only BETA's, it allows for "Use our latest stable driver" excuse. And WHQL is classed as stable.

Yes there's issues in WHQL, but that's when it becomes more serious and they're obviously going to get panned to work on the issues.

AMD win 10 drivers are actually very good. Tells something that modded win10 drivers for win7/8(.1) are right now easily best performing drivers out. A lot less overhead in those drivers.

Something tells me you've not used Windows 10 with an AMD card.
Although to be fair, since the latest "fast ring" build became available, the driver on the updater now isn't broken (As AMD HAD to fix it, as it was well and truly knackered).

Last edited:
Something tells me you've not used Windows 10 with an AMD card.
Although to be fair, since the latest "fast ring" build became available, the driver on the updater now isn't broken (As AMD HAD to fix it, as it was well and truly knackered).

You are right, I haven't tried win10 at all. I'm just using those win10 modded drivers in win7 since they give huge boost over 15.4. And I was only referring performance, not stability.

My god..... AMD are digging themselves into the kind of hole that leads to failure, closely followed by bankruptcy. It is painful to watch. It is like a torture scene that never ends. Can someone please pass them Ubisoft's shovel so they can just get it over and done with quickly?

Late and sub par Crossfire profiles.
Extremely high CPU and driver overhead.
Failing to work with developers.
No mGPU FreeSync support.
Poor communication with customers.
Lack of driver features for the end user.

The list goes on.....

Nvidia users just get to play their games. AMD users however spend their time on forums fighting for answers and pleading for technical support. All we get is, "Wait for a patch" and "Drivers will be ready when they are ready". Thanks AMD.

What I see is:

If you got money and would like to pay for the premium for faster driver / gamework stuffs, go for Nvidia.

If you dont want to pay that premium and got GREAT patient, go for AMD.

What I see is:

If you got money and would like to pay for the premium for faster driver / gamework stuffs, go for Nvidia.

If you dont want to pay that premium and got GREAT patient, go for AMD.

What you forgot is to tell that AMD made representations about driver support and how great they are. If AMD would have openly stated or state right now that "we at AMD cannot provide the same fast response as our competitor NVidia" then people could have made a proper purchasing decision about paying that "premium". This is why people are angry as they feel betrayed and they start realising that AMD may not be honest. :eek:

Amd is always updating the driver through windows updater for the testing of windows 10.. They working closely with Microsoft on this.. At the moment they is no ccc version everything is just a driver.
We talking about an unreleased OS here, if you acting like it should be 100% stable then you simply shouldn't be using Windows 10 not rocket science is it..
You part of a testing process deal with it and report bugs like you should be.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/solutions/software-partners/microsoft/windows

Mart was having issues because silly him was using a driver not compatible with Windows 10, and then complain when it auto updated and conflicted his system..

Even amd in link above tell you not to use Windows 8.1 drivers.

Last edited:
Shanks doesn't know what he's talking about.
And there is a CCC, when it auto updated I got some strange strange CCC options, most of the normal stuff was gone, there were some options not in current CCC builds.
And it was nothing to do with me using the 8.1 driver, that was the only driver that worked properly though! I could have no driver but the current W10 updater one and have problems.
I just wish you'd stay quiet about subjects you haven't got a clue on shanks, all you do is annoy people.

Right now the driver on the updater is "good, apart from my card coming up as an engineering sample.

Last edited:
Amd is always updating the driver through windows updater for the testing of windows 10.. They working closely with Microsoft on this.. At the moment they is no ccc version everything is just a driver.
We talking about an unreleased OS here, if you acting like it should be 100% stable then you simply shouldn't be using Windows 10 not rocket science is it..
You part of a testing process deal with it and report bugs like you should be.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/solutions/software-partners/microsoft/windows

Mart was having issues because silly him was using a driver not compatible with Windows 10, and then complain when it auto updated and conflicted his system..

Even amd in link above tell you not to use Windows 8.1 drivers.

I'm using 8.1 drivers on win10 just fine. Turned off windows update though as it kept attempting to install the crummy win10 drivers.

Back
Top Bottom