• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Shanks doesn't know what he's talking about.
And there is a CCC, when it auto updated I got some strange strange CCC options, most of the normal stuff was gone, there were some options not in current CCC builds.
And it was nothing to do with me using the 8.1 driver, that was the only driver that worked properly though! I could have no driver but the current W10 updater one and have problems.
I just wish you'd stay quiet about subjects you haven't got a clue on shanks, all you do is annoy people.

Right now the driver on the updater is "good, apart from my card coming up as an engineering sample.

Start, Windows Feedback, Send back Report!

Simple, Enjoy the OS for what it is and stop complaining in am AMD driver thread outside of the testing! You acting lately that this version of Windows should be your daily driver! It shouldn't be

All this driver fud has made me leave the red camp.

Back to team greed but at least the optimisation is there or way better anyways.

Shame cos AMD make great long lasting (if a bit hot n power hungry) and good value cards it's just all the pi£$ing about I can't be bothered with.

As for crossfire support well that's just embarrassing

Bsd showing from amd to say the least, driver meant to be last week, half way through this week and still bugger all from them. Theres other amd people than just matt here, roy and richard huddy im near sure, the silence is deafening and your customers are just getting more and more frustrated.

But to be fair to AMD, according to my personal experience.
They did a great job on Shadow of Modor and GTA5 CF profile.
I am playing GTA5 at 1080p highest setting now and I dont experience anything bad, got very good fps, both gpu are working properly, silky smooth gameplay.

I do see artifacts at the right hand corner if I turn MSAA on, if I turn it off then its absolutely perfect.

I have just finished FarCry4 and it looks amazing as well, the artifacts that I see in FC4 is much less than FC3.

Gibbo is saying they already got the 300 series cards on their warehouse. They will likely launch the drivers with the new cards then, so maybe next week or week after.

W00t! I look forward to 390x (or whatever they gona call it) and 980ti benchies and price :D

Gibbo is saying they already got the 300 series cards on their warehouse. They will likely launch the drivers with the new cards then, so maybe next week or week after.

Will anyone buy them after seeing what has transpired over the past few months? genuine question.

no, I wont be. Company hasn't shown me anything in the last 6 months to persuade me to invest in them any more. I think it's horrendous how they have been since before Christmas, just bad after bad after bad...and guess what, more bad when they release a dozen or so different flavours of 3x series rebrands.

For me it will all depend on price vs performance. Not had any issues with AMD drivers myself as I only ever used a single card. Though would prefer if they released drivers like they used to once a month.

I would rather be worried if I went Nvidia and my card got gimped as soon as they release their newer cards. Also things not looking so good with Nvidia drivers lately, popped in to the Nvidia thread yesterday, lots of people upset there too, even with single gpu card owners :(

If AMD release cards with silly prices I could end up getting a 980ti or just wait for pascal. Maybe even pick up another 290 from members market and join all the angry people in here daily asking about crossfire drivers :p

Am on the fence atm, not sure if I need a new GPUs very happy with performance at the moment.. Just installed water Aio on them to.. Quite, cool
The price vs performance on the R10-490x ;) needs to be right for me to buy.

Back
Top Bottom