• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Thanks Matt,only had chance for quick go on pcars,there is an improvement for me,but in decent weather and large grid I'm still having to chop settings down a lot more than I'd have thought at 1440,will experiment more later.
Mind you with ai turned to 80% in pcars they behave like kamikaze drivers :)
so I might end up cranking settings and treating as more of a tt game,ai spends more time overtaking fully on grass than tarmac! good for a laugh though.
Least dirt rally looks and plays brilliant.

Thanks Matt,only had chance for quick go on pcars,there is an improvement for me,but in decent weather and large grid I'm still having to chop settings down a lot more than I'd have thought at 1440,will experiment more later.
Mind you with ai turned to 80% in pcars they behave like kamikaze drivers :)
so I might end up cranking settings and treating as more of a tt game,ai spends more time overtaking fully on grass than tarmac! good for a laugh though.
Least dirt rally looks and plays brilliant.

Noted Tony, thanks.

Dirt Rally performs nicely for all and it uses some AMD Graphics Technology, the source code of which is available on our website.

The GTAV profile, from my experience at least, is very good.

The CPU is a huge factor.

Then you should consider yourself lucky. I and many other 280x Xfire owners suffer from dismal GPU usage (60% or so) with horrific stuttering and occasional artifacting. My CPU (sig) should not be a problem.

Then you should consider yourself lucky. I and many other 280x Xfire owners suffer from dismal GPU usage (60% or so) with horrific stuttering and occasional artifacting. My CPU (sig) should not be a problem.

Unfortunately GTA V is quite heavy on the cpu and you will see a benefit from using an 8 Core/8 Threaded cpu, especially once you introduce more than one gpu. As such, CrossFire will never perform optimally when the second gpu is being partially held up.

Matt, see when installing the drivers and you get the choice of what to install etc.

What is acp application and should I bother installing it?

Also is amd accelerated video transcoding worth installing even though I use madvr (video renderer) with mpc?

Last edited:
Leaked drivers still artifact in GTA. Any update when we can use our hardware to play a game properly?

Does 15.5 address this problem?

Thanks

Marc69 this problem is going to be addressed in either a future game update or a updated Catalyst driver. At the moment, the issue is still present. I don't have a further update on this yet I'm afraid.

Matt, see when installing the drivers and you get the choice of what to install etc.

What is acp application and should I bother installing it?

Also is amd accelerated video transcoding worth installing even though I use madvr (video renderer) with mpc?

You can safely install it all. The ACP Application is actually related to True Audio processor, which is present on all GCN 1.1 and 1.2 chips.

They were between "a rock and a hard place" so they've just released it "as is", this is gonna get ugly ;) <popcorn out>

It's probably worth noting that this isn't all down to AMD. CDPR released Witcher 3 either knowing crossfire was broken or not having bothered to test it, so they need to bear some (the majority) of the responsibility for the current mess.

I have a 3770K and a a pair of 280x/7970s and the CPU maxxes out in GTA5 so I think you're out of luck unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom