• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Unfortunately GTA V is quite heavy on the cpu and you will see a benefit from using an 8 Core/8 Threaded cpu, especially once you introduce more than one gpu. As such, CrossFire will never perform optimally when the second gpu is being partially held up.

I have a 3770K and a a pair of 280x/7970s and the CPU maxxes out in GTA5 so I think you're out of luck unfortunately.

Would a 2600k do it or would it need to be even faster than that?

Reading patch notes I guess I shouldn't expect any improvements for those who have laptop mobile GPU such as 7970m?

Shame, project cars really does struggle at times for me, oh well.

Witcher crossfire drivers are holding up well. Very smooth with the optimisations suggested. Could use a little AA, but all good at the moment. Holding up well on the 295x2 :)

I've turned off AA in game, as I was using a sweetfx profile but im still getting shimmering/flickering slightly on my 7990's in CrossfireX. Do I have to setup the custom witcher 3 profile, if so what crossfire mode?

Does the stuttering occur if afterburner is not running but CCC is?

Can't think of any logical reason why CCC would cause stutter, so my guess is something else is causing it.

Last edited:
Then you should consider yourself lucky. I and many other 280x Xfire owners suffer from dismal GPU usage (60% or so) with horrific stuttering and occasional artifacting. My CPU (sig) should not be a problem.

U need an i7 for crossfire to make full use of the 2nd card.

I5 for single gpu i7 for multi.

I get 100% usage on both my 290x's

Does the stuttering occur if afterburner is not running but CCC is?

Can't think of any logical reason why CCC would cause stutter, so my guess is something else is causing it.

I use afterburner to set the speed etc on startup then close it, or if I close CCC and leave afterburner running and it's fine, it's not bad or a big issue or on every game, CS GO is a major one,so can put up with it but might try the new drivers without CCC and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom