• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
As usual you ignore what's said and blabber on repeating what's already been said to you. It was reported, It's been reported here and there, In fact you(it wasn't you) responded to my first report here blaming Afterburner, I then responded to you saying I do not use any of those programs but because I have them installed I'll do an uninstall of everything and re-install Crimson to try again and having done that the issue was still there but you ignored that part of the post and continued to blame 3rd party software just like this reply ignores my having just told you I've already reported it in the appropriate places. And now here you are today acting out because I write a negative in a post of positives regarding Crimson, Could anyone be more transparent?

EDIT: Looking back it may not of been you I was responding too back then but your posts and you are all over the thread continuously so if you do actually read things rather than just look for opportunities to write snarky comments you wouldn't of missed the multiple comments discussing it spread over a page and a half.

The forum software doesn't help either by not notifying of responses to the threads ;) it is easy to lose track of who said what and when.

Permabanned
For fellow Fury owners who have the occasional screen scrunching problem I just experienced it for the first time with Crimson.
Before Crimson I would go into the CCC and change desktop resolution to 1440p to fix it and then opt to not keep the new settings so the screen goes back to normal.

Now what I have to do is open Crimson go to the Display section in the boxes along the bottom and change the scaling mode which is the option on the far right, That fixes the scrunching and then you can put it back on your scaling preference.

It took me several eye scrunching minutes to figure it out but it's easy enough to do.

Last edited:
Associate
What there's no need for is the snide comments but as we see from back then he was reading the posts and at least being consistent

But you should figure out yourself, that 1000 games is extreme of the extremes and any software which scans the games will be slow to do it. It might not even be crimson software in itself, CPU, HDD(most likely) are the bottlenecks. So you moaning about such thing is pointless thus my cheeky comment. Any other genuine problem with crimson would most likely result in me commenting more seriously if I have anything to comment ;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Sorry Matt that comes across to me as bad :confused:

I didnt know that you were just ever here to pander to us. I even recall when you didnt work for AMD you were still here and helping people even though it wasnt your responsibility.
If your work keeps you busy better to just say that IMO rather than how you worded it

Hope you have a merry xmas :D

I thought this also, but no big deal, sometimes things slip out. When I mention AMD I was not just talking about you Matt, but that new fellow which I thought it was his responsibility. Even then, I am still more so talking about AMD as a whole.

I have reported an issue directly to AMD in the past, got no reply or a fix. Therefor I am just saying it as it is. Not like I am going out of my way to make AMD look bad. Believe me, I would rather they do much better so we can have more choice and better prices in the future.

This is why I give my feedback here, you can pass it on and people in charge can either choose to make use of the information or not. At least I am not abandoning AMD altogether due to not being happy with crossfire support like many are :p

Look in your User CP, The software will inform you of responses to threads you have posted in :)

I wish the software would notify you when someone quotes you.

Associate
Look in your User CP, The software will inform you of responses to threads you have posted in :)

I rely on email notifications, and those fail miserably after some time. This is not only ocUK forum problem, this is an issue with vBulletin or whatever else is being used to run the forum. It happens with other forums as well, which are powered by same software.

Associate
<...> At least I am not abandoning AMD altogether due to not being happy with crossfire support like many are :p

I wonder who are those many? :) There is only one forum user I know who is selling his xfire setup. I for one have been very happy with xfire, but I understand that not everything will run in xfire mode and that's ok.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I wonder who are those many? :) There is only one forum user I know who is selling his xfire setup. I for one have been very happy with xfire, but I understand that not everything will run in xfire mode and that's ok.

There were two guys who said they are selling up and going to Nvidia just only last week. You make it sound like I am making it up :p

Soldato
Sorry Matt that comes across to me as bad :confused:

I didnt know that you were just ever here to pander to us. I even recall when you didnt work for AMD you were still here and helping people even though it wasnt your responsibility.
If your work keeps you busy better to just say that IMO rather than how you worded it

Hope you have a merry xmas :D

Don't you remember the reason AMDJoe came here? If you missed the announcement then you can't blame matt..

AMDJoe is are go to guy on these forums.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat

I didn't see a need to name the game as I was talking about my overall impression of the new software which happens to be good apart from the specific problems mentioned, If something needs reporting it needs to be done in the correct place as I've done with both the issues I've mentioned. http://www.amd.com/report

Isn't Gnasher spelt "Gnasher"?

This bothers me slightly.

When are the Elite drivers coming out? They were hinted at but are we going to see them this year?

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't you remember the reason AMDJoe came here? If you missed the announcement then you can't blame matt..

AMDJoe is are go to guy on these forums.

Where did i blame matt..
i said it was a poor choice IMO of words and came across bad

Haha, perhaps pander was the wrong word to use.

Not sure why i should talk to AMDjoe about something Matt said.
If it was announced that yes we cant reply to matts posts directly but have to go through AMDjoe then yes i missed it, however i'm pretty sure thats not the case as matts already replied :p

Soldato
Any news on a crossfire profile yet for Battlefront? Im slowly getting bored of the game lol but being able to use both cards would be great sometime this year.

Associate
What? Thats nuts. Windows frequently has no idea what the correct resolution should be until its forced in CCC. If they've removed that its a major headache. Along with Hotkeys.

http://12noon.com/?page_id=80

This is the command line 'app' I always use. Beats everything else. Just create desktop shortcuts for preferred resolutions/refresh rates and you're done.

There's also version 2 which is even more powerful:

http://12noon.com/?page_id=641

Last edited:
Soldato
Where did i blame matt..
i said it was a poor choice IMO of words and came across bad

Not sure why i should talk to AMDjoe about something Matt said.
If it was announced that yes we cant reply to matts posts directly but have to go through AMDjoe then yes i missed it, however i'm pretty sure thats not the case as matts already replied :p

Maybe also a bad choice of word from me :D :o

Back
Top Bottom