• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
The 17.2.1 are working much better with the Nano than the previous 17.x drivers, huzzah :)

In addition the MSI AB now can override automatically on boot the Wattman default fan profile settings, which (Wattman) is setting my Nano to 20% fan speed, consuming needed power for the overclocking.(it wasn't able to do so with 16.12 and onwards, had to go and set it all the time on boot)

To put in perspective how important is, at 1100 core 550 vram, with 0% fan overrride the card consumes less than 1.24v. With the fan at default, it hits 1.26v at 1040 core not allowing further overclocking.

Soldato
Yes yes yes .. all that is holy yes! I can play rainbow six siege again with Freesync using the latest driver. I'm dancing around like a little girl. This issue has had me furious but AMD has come through even though it has taken several months but at least the issue is gone now.

Soldato
mmm...you guys are lucky, still doesn't work for me (Fury + Asus MG279 on mini-DP). I've tried DX11, DX12, Fullscreen, Borderless, various resolutions,...nothing :(

are you using any sort of adaptor or is it one cable? do you have the option to try a normal DP to DP cable? or is it only The division(or other ubi titles) that bugs out?

Caporegime
OP
Is the recording software not compatible with the r9 290? I don't have it

Yes it is compatible. When you install Crimson 17.2.1 ( i recommend using the latest driver as it fixed a couple of bugs with Relive) select a custom install and click next and at the end it should prompt you if you want to install Relive or restart. Select Relive, let it install, then restart. Then you need to enable Relive in Radeon Software. It's under the section called Relive, you can't miss it.

Associate
Okay gonna bite the bullet on 17.2.1 wish me luck. However, so far all has been good and I am not complaining. Fingers crossed for Vega being a great card and Ryzen certainly looks good as far as latest leaks go. :D

Soldato
Recent drivers seem to have given a nice little but of performance on BF1 for me.

Realised ed my monitor was still on 60hz refresh so upped to 75hz and along with freesync the game was lovely and smooth when I played last night. Settings on high.

Associate
are you using any sort of adaptor or is it one cable? do you have the option to try a normal DP to DP cable? or is it only The division(or other ubi titles) that bugs out?

No adaptor no, one cable with "normal" DP on one end and mini-DP on the other.

I've been playing Steep, another Ubi game, with Freesync working just fine but The Division always seems to be problematic (note that it used to work fine, but that was months ago).

Last edited:
Associate
Yes it is compatible. When you install Crimson 17.2.1 ( i recommend using the latest driver as it fixed a couple of bugs with Relive) select a custom install and click next and at the end it should prompt you if you want to install Relive or restart. Select Relive, let it install, then restart. Then you need to enable Relive in Radeon Software. It's under the section called Relive, you can't miss it.

Cheers fella

Back
Top Bottom