• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Awesome thanks peeps :)

1 small request I have for a future update if you could suggest it to the driver team, Is it possible to make it slightly easier to record VR gameplay ?

EDIT

Nevermind, I was being blonde, All working :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 Highlights

Support For

• Evil Within 2™
    • Radeon Chill profile added
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of War™
    • Radeon Chill profile added
Fixed Issues

• Bezel compensation in mixed mode Eyefinity cannot be applied.
  • DiRT 4™ may experience flickering tire graphics during gameplay or under certain terrain conditions when using Multi GPU enabled system configurations.
Known Issues

• On Windows®7 when using Radeon RX Vega series graphics in Multi GPU system configurations, users may experience a system hang or crash when upgrading their installation of Radeon Software. A work around is to do a clean install of Radeon Software.
  • Corruption may be experienced in Forza Motorsport™ 7 on some HDR displays with HDR enabled in game.
  • Unstable Radeon WattMan profiles may not be restored to default after a system hang. A workaround is to launch Radeon WattMan after reboot and restore settings to default.
  • Wattman may fail to apply user adjusted voltage values on certain configurations.
  • Radeon Settings may not populate game profiles after Radeon Software's initial install.
  • Overwatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations.
  • GPU Scaling may fail to work on some DirectX®11 applications.
  • Secondary displays may show corruption or green screen when the display/system enters sleep or hibernate with content playing.
  • When recording with Radeon ReLive on Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products GPU usage and clocks may remain in high states. A workaround is to disable and then re-enable Radeon ReLive.
Package Contents

The Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 Driver Version 17.30.1081 (Windows Driver Store Version 22.19.676.0)
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-17.10.1-Release-Notes.aspx

Soldato
Given these have been optimised for The Evil Within 2 I'm curious if it will also fix the first game which has been broken in Fullscreen mode since the early Crimson drivers. I must try it out once downloaded - I have the The Evil Within 2 pre ordered so I'll be sure to have them installed before Friday - really looking forward to it!

Soldato
Given these have been optimised for The Evil Within 2 I'm curious if it will also fix the first game which has been broken in Fullscreen mode since the early Crimson drivers. I must try it out once downloaded - I have the The Evil Within 2 pre ordered so I'll be sure to have them installed before Friday - really looking forward to it!

Was only playing Evil Within 1 last night and it ran perfectly! I even unlocked the Frame rate was avg around 100fps What issues you having?

Soldato
Was only playing Evil Within 1 last night and it ran perfectly! I even unlocked the Frame rate was avg around 100fps What issues you having?
As soon as full screen mode is enabled it drops down to 8 FPS - this is regardless of whether it's in game, menus or even the splash screens when the game is loading. It happened with my Fury X after the first Relive drivers (not Crimson as I mistakenly said in my earlier post) and it's the same on Vega. I've had a few others confirm it behaves the same for them too, although that was before Vega.

Associate
As soon as full screen mode is enabled it drops down to 8 FPS - this is regardless of whether it's in game, menus or even the splash screens when the game is loading. It happened with my Fury X after the first Relive drivers (not Crimson as I mistakenly said in my earlier post) and it's the same on Vega. I've had a few others confirm it behaves the same for them too, although that was before Vega.
Did you remove fps limiter in console ?
r_swapinterval 0

Soldato

Just did a quite recording to show you my game. I do get the low fps you talking about in the splash screen intros but once I get to the Menu everything is perfect.

Did you remove fps limiter in console ?
r_swapinterval 0

This what I did, By Console not steam command. Inert opens console

Caporegime

Had no issues with fullscreen in the first one here, using the Crimson 16.3 hotfixes, had no issues at all.

Soldato
Just did a quite recording to show you my game. I do get the low fps you talking about in the splash screen intros but once I get to the Menu everything is perfect.

This what I did, By Console not steam command. Inert opens console
How do I open the console - what is 'Inert'? I definitely didn't need to remove the frame limiter when I played the game initially and had no issues playing it in full screen until the Relive drivers were released. I was getting a fairly steady 57 FPS with my Fury X at 3440x1440 and was using a Flawless widescreen fix to enjoy it at that resolution and remove the games fixed letterbox style. Flawless widescreen isn't making a difference to the issue I'm getting since the Relive drivers though, I've tried it with and without.

Last edited:
Soldato
How do I open the console - what is 'Inert'? I definitely didn't need to remove the frame limiter when I played the game initially and had no issues playing it in full screen until the Relive drivers were released. I was getting a fairly steady 57 FPS with my Fury X at 3440x1440 and was using a Flawless widescreen fix to enjoy it at that resolution and remove the games fixed letterbox style. Flawless widescreen isn't making a difference to the issue I'm getting since the Relive drivers though, I've tried it with and without.

Sorry missed "S" Key is Insert, next to Home Key on the Left.

Associate
I thought that and tried it in game but it didn't seem to do anything. Do you need to do it the menu screen or what?
  1. In Steam, right click on The Evil Within and select "properties" then under the General tab, hit "set launch options".
  2. Put this in to unlock the console: +com_allowconsole 1.
  3. Once the game has launched, hit the Insert key to bring down the developer console.

Soldato
I thought that and tried it in game but it didn't seem to do anything. Do you need to do it the menu screen or what?

1. In Steam, right click on The Evil Within and select "properties" then under the General tab, hit "set launch options".
  2. Put this in to unlock the console: +com_allowconsole 1.
  3. Once the game has launched, hit the Insert key to bring down the developer console.

Thanks I actually forgot you need to enable the console first.

Soldato
Still having trouble enabling HBCC. Been like this since the August drivers. I have occasionally been able to get it enabled but mostly Radeon Setting egg times are clicking apply and then closes after the not responding message. Anyone else got this issue?

Associate
Still having trouble enabling HBCC. Been like this since the August drivers. I have occasionally been able to get it enabled but mostly Radeon Setting egg times are clicking apply and then closes after the not responding message. Anyone else got this issue?
had this in an earlier driver, had to ddu and reinstall. then it worked. might as well enable that option first as all the others will reset if you apply it after changing other settings.

Back
Top Bottom