• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Is there a way to get the radeon additional settings up In 17.10.1

It used to be in home>preferences then click radeon additional settings. But it is not to be found anymore.Driver notes mention the retirement of of it and states it's been moved into radeon settings.
But all I can see under display is colour depth and pixel format, when clicking the drop downs there are no other options.
It's stuck at 8bit and ycbcr 4:2:0

Caporegime
OP
Is there a way to get the radeon additional settings up In 17.10.1

It used to be in home>preferences then click radeon additional settings. But it is not to be found anymore.Driver notes mention the retirement of of it and states it's been moved into radeon settings.
But all I can see under display is colour depth and pixel format, when clicking the drop downs there are no other options.
It's stuck at 8bit and ycbcr 4:2:0
Pixel format is the option you are looking for Dave, but not sure why it only gives you one option.
M9g1IE4.jpg

Soldato
@AMDMatt, are you guys ever going to fix the Wattmen reset on boot with hibernate/fastboot? People have been complaining about this for more than a year - losing all your settings every boot should be a high priority shouldn't it? Why have AMD still not fixed it?

Caporegime
OP
@AMDMatt, are you guys ever going to fix the Wattmen reset on boot with hibernate/fastboot? People have been complaining about this for more than a year - losing all your settings every boot should be a high priority shouldn't it? Why have AMD still not fixed it?
Not personally aware of that bug. The settings save on my system when using Hibernate/Fast Boot. The only time my settings reset is when i have a driver/system crash.

Soldato
Not personally aware of that bug. The settings save on my system when using Hibernate/Fast Boot. The only time my settings reset is when i have a driver/system crash.

Come on, it's all over your own AMD forums, as well as everywhere else with a quick google. I've reported it many times too directly on the web reporting page. It's like Wattmen settings are incompatible with fastboot/hibernate.

Associate
The same nightmare on my system starting from 17.9.2. Cant install these correctly, results: no working CF, no screen connected to AMD products or one GPU automatic disabled in the devicemanager. Have send thickets, almost begged for investigation/fixing, but no dice.

I guess it should come from somebody with commerical weight for taking action :(

Soldato
Come on, it's all over your own AMD forums, as well as everywhere else with a quick google. I've reported it many times too directly on the web reporting page. It's like Wattmen settings are incompatible with fastboot/hibernate.

I've had this problem with the 480X, 580X and now Vega64, Wattman resets to the default on every single reboot or from hibernation, Sleep etc....

On a side note I'm looking forward to see what the Fall Creators Update does for Game Mode :)

Associate
I've had this problem with the 480X, 580X and now Vega64, Wattman resets to the default on every single reboot or from hibernation, Sleep etc....

On a side note I'm looking forward to see what the Fall Creators Update does for Game Mode :)

At least with Polaris and below "we" could mod bios to be able to set card as "we" want without OS SW/issues of these SW, with VEGA that option is gone :(.

Soldato
Am holding off for about a week or so before I update.

The Windows update itself works fine, Just the driver appears to be poo.

At least with Polaris and below "we" could mod bios to be able to set card as "we" want without OS SW/issues of these SW, with VEGA that option is gone :(.

True, It seems as we get more advanced technology, We also get more and more limited with what we can do to it.

Associate
True, It seems as we get more advanced technology, We also get more and more limited with what we can do to it.

Yes is a shame :( .

It would be nice if cards aimed at "Enthusiast" could have say VBIOS with options "we" could configure via a menu system, just like "we" do on motherboard for CPU, etc. "Vendors" happy that "we" are not modding and users happy they have access.

Soldato
I have noticed something annoying with this new Creators Update driver, The displays Hz drops down to the minimum Freesync range, In the case of my monitor it's 40Hz, If I keep the monitors OSD open I can see the Hz change from 144 to 40, Makes the mouse feel very sluggish, It goes away during games etc... but when just using the mouse on the desktop or webpages it's not a nice experience, The moment I switch Freesync off it goes away and stays at 144Hz, I hope this gets fixed as having a ghosting mouse and sluggish desktop aint a good experience.

Soldato
I have noticed something annoying with this new Creators Update driver, The displays Hz drops down to the minimum Freesync range, In the case of my monitor it's 40Hz, If I keep the monitors OSD open I can see the Hz change from 144 to 40, Makes the mouse feel very sluggish, It goes away during games etc... but when just using the mouse on the desktop or webpages it's not a nice experience, The moment I switch Freesync off it goes away and stays at 144Hz, I hope this gets fixed as having a ghosting mouse and sluggish desktop aint a good experience.
Are you sure it's not actually just using FreeSync on the desktop? Theoretically that'd be a good thing because if you're looking at a static image there's no point it wasting power refreshing at 144 Hz. I have no idea if FreeSync can even work outside of fullscreen applications though because surely applications and Windows GUI frameworks rely on a fixed refresh rate.

If it is just stuck at 40 Hz though then that's clearly a bug.

Back
Top Bottom