• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
The samsung CF791, as well as the flickering, also just randomly Black Screens, while starting games, while in the middle of playing games etc..., and the only way to get it back on, is to restart your PC, main reason i decided against it, and went for the BenQ EX3501R (plus i already had a BenQ that i had no issues with), and luckily, ive got no issues with it either, no flickering, no Black screens, nothing.
We fixed the black screen and flickering issues with the CF34F791. As i have the monitor myself i was able to help in the reproduction of the issues.

The little flickering that remains, is what Shankly talks about above and cannot be overcome. Thankfully it's pretty mild and limited to a few games in menu screens, not actual gameplay.

I've been unable to validate that as an 'issue' so far with the same hardware.

Associate
We fixed the black screen and flickering issues with the CF34F791. As i have the monitor myself i was able to help in the reproduction of the issues.

The little flickering that remains, is what Shankly talks about above and cannot be overcome. Thankfully it's pretty mild and limited to a few games in menu screens, not actual gameplay.

I assume that includes entering LFC then?

Associate
Hmm this is interesting. So if I'm using freesync and my freesync range only goes down to 45 I shouldn't be using chill if I set it to go lower than 45 as it will give screen flicker? Could he what a lot of people are experiencing?

Soldato
@LtMatt 18.8.1 drivers potential bugs?

a) As with 18.7.1 also, the 18.8.1 when going from Custom overclock to Balanced/Turbo/Power Save mode, retains the HBM overclock. Is this correct?

b) If we patch the registry and add the PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable for more power limit (not that matters tbh, didn't see any difference in performance), it breaks the overlays. Both the CTRL+SHIFT+O and the ALT+R.
By deleting the entry from the registry the overlay works. I know that could be due to some value on the registry file and not bug with drivers, but just mentioning it. :)

Associate
mem clock stuck at 800mhz. yea im getting that aswell all things trieds apart from removing the driver, wasnt like this 3 or 4 days ago. it wont change, stays at 800, was getting 1100 the other day.

hopefully next driver fixes it?

Associate
Which card? Can you give us a screenshot from Wattman please?

vega 64 gygabyte. got a waterblock on it so it cant be temps.

Wattman screenie.

how do i do image?

grr. cant figure it out. the link is to an image hosting site.
a>

Last edited:
Associate
i set the last phase on mem clock to minimum clock and that is the only thing that works so far. i also done this for gpu aswell but revert them after gaming.

Caporegime
v18.8.2 are out for the Strange Brigade Early Access.

Support For
  • Strange Brigade™ Early Access
Known Issues
  • Minor corruption may be observed when launching Strange Brigade™ with Vulkan™ enabled on Windows®7 system configurations.
  • An application hang may occur in Strange Brigade™ on multi GPU enabled systems with both V-Sync enabled in game and Radeon FreeSync enabled on Windows®7 operating system.
  • Radeon Overlay may not show up when toggled in multi GPU system configurations in Strange Brigade™ with Vulkan™ enabled.
Package Contents
The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition for Strange Brigade Early Access installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition for Strange Brigade Early Access Driver Version 18.30.11.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 24.20.13011.1004)

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-strangebrigade

Soldato
Hello everyone, how's it going?

Can someone be so kind to explain the process of getting Wattman full control of your R9 card again after using MSI Afterburner.
I have found that if you have AB installed, yet not active, still hampers with Wattman's fan control. Leaving it stuck at some random fan speed. While the graph (yellow line for fan) stuck at 100% while placing your mouse on the graph itself seems to, now, correspond to the correct fan speed.

Also, if using just wattman, the card will heat up and I get no response from the fan from wattman. This is with current drivers, without starting MSI AB and MSI AB is not set to start with win10.
You can still select your fan settings in wattman but there is no actual response from the card. IE: ramping everything to 100% didn't cause the fans to ramp up on the card.

The only way I've found, intermittently, to get wattman's fan control back is to:
-uncheck all the options found in the General Tab of MS AB
-Uninstall MS AB
-Reboot PC

However, after another reboot it's back to the above mentioned behavior. I'm not sure what I'm missing. I really want to go back to just using Wattman. However, I want the card's fan to ramp up to keep the temps at or below 60C. Using stock clocks.

Edit:

The above example shows what I'm talking about. As you can see, the yellow line for Fan is at the top as if it's at max RPM when it's not.
I can untick Fan, clear date and reset it and it still does the same thing.

Any help on solving this is appreciated.

Last edited:
Associate
Proper Driver release - 8/27/2018

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-8-2

-

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 Highlights
Support For

• Strange Brigade™
    • Up to 5% faster performance in Strange Brigade™ using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 at 3840x2160 (4K). RS-243
    • Up to 3% faster performance in Strange Brigade™ using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 at 2560x1440 (1440p). RS-244
  • F1™2018
Fixed Issues
  • Some games may experience instability or stutter when playing with FRTC and Instant Replay enabled.
  • Upgrade Advisor may not appear in Radeon Settings game manager.
  • Far Cry™5 may experience dimmed or grey images with HDR10 enabled on some system configurations.
  • Far Cry™5 may experience an application hang when changing video settings on some system configurations.
  • Radeon Chill min and max values may not sync on multi GPU system configurations.
  • Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable when playing Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4.
Known Issues
  • Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable when playing Monster Hunter™: World.
  • Some DirectX®12 gaming applications may experience instability while recording with Radeon ReLive on system configurations using Radeon R9 290 and Radeon R9 390 series graphics products."
  • Cursor or system lag may be observed on some system configurations when two or more displays are connected and one display is powered off.
  • Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
  • Strange Brigade™ may experience fps drops on multi GPU enabled system configurations when Enhanced Sync is enabled and Vulkan™ API is enabled.
  • Flickering may be observed on some displays when Radeon FreeSync is enabled with Radeon ReLive enabled and recording.
  • Video profiles may not correctly apply on web browser video content.

Last edited:
Soldato
i set the last phase on mem clock to minimum clock and that is the only thing that works so far. i also done this for gpu aswell but revert them after gaming.

You should never change anything but the last state on the HBM ram. Also GPU only P6 and P7 through wattman only.
Check some of my settings on the vega 64 discussion thread. let me know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom