• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
what card / monitor / cable connection are you using?

Radeon RX570 4GB
LG 34UM69G monitor connected via HDMI. Tried multiple HDMI cables, same issue with any driver above 17.11.14

This monitor supports adaptive sync through HDMI at 2560x1080 as confirmed by LG.

Radeon software also confirms Freesync is enabled.

All works fine with 17.11.14 but for some reason, all drivers after that, no Freesync even though Radeon software says is enabled.

All works till driver change so not hardware/HDMI/VGA card limitation.

Associate
All works till driver change so not hardware/HDMI/VGA card limitation.

when you place your mouse cursor over the free sync enabled button does the range read correct for your monitor? i.e my says 40-144?

got it to work, the reason i ask is to check windows has not altered the refresh rate of the monitor knocking the free sync range out after installing the drivers
Jt9z5AL.png
WieiqXv

YlzDiMR

YlzDiMR

Last edited:
Associate
Just reporting that Freesync flickering has improved in this driver compared to the last one.

I seem to get richer colours when I toggle color temperature from auto to 6500k. I don't remember having to do this before.

Soldato
when you place your mouse cursor over the free sync enabled button does the range read correct for your monitor?

Thanks for the tip, yes, it reports 40-75hz as expected.

Definitely something fishy in the drivers but AMD not got round to finding out what it seems as others are around with same issue with different hardware.

Soldato
Meh, I may be tempted to go "Green", whoever is in charge of AMD driver development needs a grade "A" firecracker shoved up their butt.

Maybe the grass is not always greener but I would sure give it a go :D

Soldato
Meh, I may be tempted to go "Green", whoever is in charge of AMD driver development needs a grade "A" firecracker shoved up their butt.

When was the last time you looked at the Nvidia official forums for driver bugs? Here you have 1 person complaining about 1 game.
There you will find dozens of threads, hundreds of pages long. Gsync still broken for many monitor since March, with latest windows. Sound isn't working on many Freesync monitors since Sep 2016.
The list is big yet brushed under the carpet in here...

Associate
@NightSt@lk3r guys it seems this is issue with some game patch and not the drivers only.
Last few months Nvidia drivers are experiencing same issues with interior lighting.

Check if this solution is relevant to you

https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/pc-semi-fix-for-nvidia-lighting-too-dark-at-night/57521

Thanks Panos - unfortunately I can't see it being anything other than driver. Reason being if I switch back to 18.6 or before the interior lighting is correct. All driver releases since it's not working.

I haven't played the game properly for months anyway so when I do decide to finish it I'll roll back for a bit. Just be nice if it was addressed:)

Soldato

Nvidia drivers are way worse AND they are bloated and contain spyware. It's one of the reasons I switched to AMD!

That and I had 4 Geforce cards in a row which degraded and became unstable on stock clocks :/

Soldato
Thanks Panos - unfortunately I can't see it being anything other than driver. Reason being if I switch back to 18.6 or before the interior lighting is correct. All driver releases since it's not working.

I haven't played the game properly for months anyway so when I do decide to finish it I'll roll back for a bit. Just be nice if it was addressed:)

18.8 and 18.7 are beta drivers....

Associate
Thanks for the tip, yes, it reports 40-75hz as expected.

Definitely something fishy in the drivers but AMD not got round to finding out what it seems as others are around with same issue with different hardware.

Stupid question: Is the refresh rate set correctly in Windows? Settings-System-Display-Advanced display settings-Monitor tab. Just asking as mine has reset itself to 60 in the past after updates etc...

Back
Top Bottom