• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Yeah but you didn't DDU in safe mode AFTER the clean uninstall...this is what I stated.

But *why* would you do that? Are you trying to corrupt your installation? You shouldn't use DDU unless you have real issues - it may actually do something undesirable to your system, and the clean install is normally not needed either.

(No, I'm not going to try it ... my system is running just fine thanks :))

Associate
But *why* would you do that? Are you trying to corrupt your installation? You shouldn't use DDU unless you have real issues - it may actually do something undesirable to your system, and the clean install is normally not needed either.

(No, I'm not going to try it ... my system is running just fine thanks :))
But the are plenty of "leftovers" files that may/may not corrupt new driver installation. When re-rolling drivers from lets say rev 10 to rev 9 I was always under the impression that its better to clean all stuff manually or use something like DDu to avoid any possible issue. It may not happen at all but still I rather do it :>

Associate
When re-rolling drivers from lets say rev 10 to rev 9 I was always under the impression that its better to clean all stuff manually or use something like DDu to avoid any possible issue. It may not happen at all but still I rather do it :>

It's really only *needed* if you have any issues with it in the first place. And in that case there's the "clean install" option that both nVidia and AMD offer nowadays, basically DDU but vendor specific ... there's really no reason to also run DDU. There's also no *need* to uninstall the drivers from the competitor when switching cards, though pretty much anyone would do that anyway. And those old drivers aren't loaded if the hardware isn't present, so they don't get in the way of anything.

DDU has you make a savepoint ... that's done because it might actually be deleting something it shouldn't have, and so you have a savepoint to return to.

Basically you can most of the time just install the AMD drivers on top of the old ones without a clean install. If that ends up giving you problems try again with the clean install. In the unlikely event that this also gives you problems then that would be a good time to also try DDU before installing them.

Permabanned
But the are plenty of "leftovers" files that may/may not corrupt new driver installation. When re-rolling drivers from lets say rev 10 to rev 9 I was always under the impression that its better to clean all stuff manually or use something like DDu to avoid any possible issue. It may not happen at all but still I rather do it :>

I only do a ddu if as mentioned I've got a problem after installing the latest driver, The only other time is when we are getting a major driver overhaul such as when we moved to Adrenalin or Crimson for the first time.

If you're going backwards you sometimes have to DDU, it's not wanted to roll back for me a few times forcing me to DDU. But I think it is a risk doing it all the time.

Ree

Ree

Associate
i've been getting like a black screen effect when going over water or with shadows indoors too on bf1, its only just started happening recently am on latest driver.

Caporegime
If you're not having any problems, then don't update, as you'll only have to roll-back more than likely, im still on the very first Adrenalin set, 17.12.1s, as having no problems at all with them, even the new SOTTR runs fine on em :p

Soldato
If you're not having any problems, then don't update, as you'll only have to roll-back more than likely, im still on the very first Adrenalin set, 17.12.1s, as having no problems at all with them, even the new SOTTR runs fine on em :p

This. I’m using an older set also, think 4 or 5 versions back, certainly not Stone Age driver like yours though mate

Associate
Hi guys, I am trying to watch Amazon prime move but Amazon says "Your video will play in standard definition because your computer hardware, HDMI cables, and display must all meet content protection (HDCP) requirements for HD video."
I am using R9 Fury with 18.4.1 driver

How do I meet the HDCP requirement?
BIG Thanks!

Soldato
Hi guys, I am trying to watch Amazon prime move but Amazon says "Your video will play in standard definition because your computer hardware, HDMI cables, and display must all meet content protection (HDCP) requirements for HD video."
I am using R9 Fury with 18.4.1 driver

How do I meet the HDCP requirement?
BIG Thanks!

Have you tried to update the drivers to 18.9.1?

Back
Top Bottom