• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Didn’t know that, might be worth a try anyway as it rules it out.

Be nice if other AMD users can test if they have the game but not tried in a few years, shankly1985 tested it on his Vega 64 but didnt have any issues.

I had this stuttering on my previous Intel 6700K system, which had an RX 480 running in it. The only thing that hasnt changed since issues began is staying with AMD GPU's. All other PC components are totally new.

Its baffling.

Caporegime
v19.7.4 Released.

Fixed Issues
  • Grand Theft Auto™ V may experience an application crash or hang on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
Known Issues
  • Some system configurations may experience green color corruption after install of Radeon Software when running Windows® 10 May 2019 update.
  • Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
  • Radeon Performance Metrics may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
  • Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to appear when toggled in game.
  • Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
  • Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics may experience a black screen during uninstall on Windows®7 system configurations. A work around is to perform uninstall in safe mode.
  • Recording clips with Radeon ReLive may result in blank clips on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows®7 system configurations.
  • Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Soldato
19.7.3 and 19.7.4 have been really bad for me, constant graphics card crashes on the 5700XT, so I'm rolling back to the 19.7.2 as that was stable. Shame as I'd much rather run a new version of the drivers given they keep adding fixes but it seems that their fixes make things worse for me.

Associate
19.7.3 and 19.7.4 have been really bad for me, constant graphics card crashes on the 5700XT, so I'm rolling back to the 19.7.2 as that was stable. Shame as I'd much rather run a new version of the drivers given they keep adding fixes but it seems that their fixes make things worse for me.

The only game I've had trouble with is Wolfenstein Youngblood, which crashes either immediately on entering a level, or some time later. It always crashes though, every single time. Ironically, 19.7.3 was supposed to improve performance for this game! :mad:

Soldato
The only game I've had trouble with is Wolfenstein Youngblood, which crashes either immediately on entering a level, or some time later. It always crashes though, every single time. Ironically, 19.7.3 was supposed to improve performance for this game! :mad:
I've had it crashing often with PUBG, before I even get into the game most of the time. And it is graphical crashes too as Radeon software says so. I've also had it crashing with Sekiro too.

Only two games I've played on this new system.

E: It's a shame as when it works, the 5700XT seems to be great...it just doesn't work all that often for more than general computer use/web browsing.

Soldato
It's the only game I've had an issue with thus far, so I'm wondering if it's Wolfenstein that's the issue rather than the drivers per se.

This almost reminds me of those games that need to "phone home" before starting. If the developer server isn't working right you CTD.
Have you tried again since and it worked? Does this game needs certain ports opened in order to play?

Edit:
Can't say if this will help or not but portforward.com does have info on what ports need to be forwarded.

Edit:
PortForward.com suggests:
Wolfenstein: Youngblood - Steam
  • TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
  • UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036

Last edited:
Soldato
Be nice if other AMD users can test if they have the game but not tried in a few years, shankly1985 tested it on his Vega 64 but didnt have any issues.

I had this stuttering on my previous Intel 6700K system, which had an RX 480 running in it. The only thing that hasnt changed since issues began is staying with AMD GPU's. All other PC components are totally new.

Its baffling.
Do you know or can you get a hold of a Nvidia gpu to try? I don’t have the game but I have a 9700k, 16gb of ram, gigabyte gaming 390z mobo and a Nitro 390 8gb.

Do you know if there is a Demo I could try at all?

Have you installed afterburner to check that the gpu ram and core clocks are running at full speed? Maybe worth trying as if the gpu is downclocking during gaming this will tell you. I had issues with stutter when I first got my 390 in 2015 because during gaming it would decide to down click the speed from 1080mhz to 500mhz and for a temp fix I got afterburner to make the speeds run at what they should be which fixed my issues Until a updated driver fixed the problem

Soldato
Do you know or can you get a hold of a Nvidia gpu to try?

This is now the plan after reinstalling Windows last night.. because after a fresh install, all i did was install chipset and gpu drivers, then installed Steam and downloaded DayZ. I didnt change anything in Windows before testing the game but the same stuttering was there after around 5 minutes of playing.

I then followed on from that with some tweaking to Windows and other stuff but the stuttering was still there.

Something is seriously broken with DayZ, like i have said before, NO OTHER GAME does this.

So now i am going to have to do something i have never done or wanted to do before, which is to buy an Nvidia GPU just to test in my PC before sending it.

Since my 6700K/RX 480 setup where i had the same issue, every component in my PC is new, even the case!

The one thing that has stayed the same is 'having an AMD GPU'.

Soldato
Have you checked all your BIOS settings? Long shot but certain features may cause this especially when overclocking. Reason being is although you have changed your software and remain with GPU as final finger point, you could have the same BIOS settings throughout all this.

Had same issues with Intel 6700K/Z170 system, loaded default BIOS on that and current AM4 system which made no difference.

Im honestly baffled by the whole thing.

I have bought new HDMI/DP cables, ran single, dual and triple monitor setups with all sorts of refresh rates so can rule out display issues. I even have all SSD/NMVe drives now after buying a 1TB EVO a couple of weeks ago. I dont see any thermal throttling anywhere either.

Have seriously tried every known fix/tweak that i have searched for over a period of 3 years.

Nvidia is the one thing i have not tried yet.

If there is anything in Steam settings that might cause stuttering then i would like to know as i cant close Steam and test DayZ as it wont run without Steam.

Soldato
This is now the plan after reinstalling Windows last night.. because after a fresh install, all i did was install chipset and gpu drivers, then installed Steam and downloaded DayZ. I didnt change anything in Windows before testing the game but the same stuttering was there after around 5 minutes of playing.

I then followed on from that with some tweaking to Windows and other stuff but the stuttering was still there.

Something is seriously broken with DayZ, like i have said before, NO OTHER GAME does this.

So now i am going to have to do something i have never done or wanted to do before, which is to buy an Nvidia GPU just to test in my PC before sending it.

Since my 6700K/RX 480 setup where i had the same issue, every component in my PC is new, even the case!

The one thing that has stayed the same is 'having an AMD GPU'.

Is there anything you want me to try on my system? I could always check to see if there is a demo I can use

Soldato
Thanks for offering but i dont think there is a Demo for DayZ. Only way around it would be to buy from Steam and then get a refund before the 2 hours? of gameplay.

What is your setup anyway?

I’ll take a look when I’m home as current stuck down the hospital.

I have a very similar issue with a roblox game my son plays, it stutters all the time but all other roblox games are fine and I also use it for div2 and Destiny 2 as well with no issues what so ever.

I have a I7 9700k, w10 pro, PvZ trion ssd, 16gb of 3200MHz ram, gigabyte gaming 390z and a Nitro 390 8gb gpu.

Soldato
I’ll take a look when I’m home as current stuck down the hospital.

I have a very similar issue with a roblox game my son plays, it stutters all the time but all other roblox games are fine and I also use it for div2 and Destiny 2 as well with no issues what so ever.

I have a I7 9700k, w10 pro, PvZ trion ssd, 16gb of 3200MHz ram, gigabyte gaming 390z and a Nitro 390 8gb gpu.

Cheers dude, will keep my eye on this thread while still looking for some sort of fix. Same thing here though with GTA V running great for me with Very High/x4 MSAA settings, and that game isnt supposed to favour AMD, yet i get 100+fps.

Does anybody know if AMD is poor with 'Bloom' settings in games? I remember the old DayZ had this setting which i always turned off but since they brought the new Enfusion engine to DayZ, this Bloom setting seems hard locked and cannot be turned off. It gives some silly glow on certain objects which looks stupid anyway.

Here is the in game video setting window..

jOPBef2.jpg.png

Just to add, even with every setting on lowest possible doesnt fix the stuttering :(

Last edited:
Soldato
v19.7.5 Released.

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.5 Highlights
Fixed Issues

• Wolfenstein™: Youngblood may experience an application crash or hang on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
Known Issues
  • Some system configurations may experience green color corruption after install of Radeon Software when running Windows® 10 May 2019 update.
  • Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
  • Radeon Performance Metrics may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
  • Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to appear when toggled in game.
  • Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
  • Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics may experience a black screen during uninstall on Windows®7 system configurations. A work around is to perform uninstall in safe mode.
  • Recording clips with Radeon ReLive may result in blank clips on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows®7 system configurations.
  • Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products
https://www.amd.com/en/support

Back
Top Bottom