• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
Need to update now (still on the 17.12.1s), as getting a weird hair effect in SOTTR at certain places.

Messed-Hair-SOTTR.jpg

Someone mentiond to try turning off the DOF, as that fixed it for them, but that doesn't work for me, so figuring nows the time for a driver update, but to which ones ?,as been reading about the last few sets, not being very good.

I know the first SOTTR drivers were the 18.9.1s, are they any good ?

Soldato
Need to update now (still on the 17.12.1s), as getting a weird hair effect in SOTTR at certain places.

Messed-Hair-SOTTR.jpg

Someone mentiond to try turning off the DOF, as that fixed it for them, but that doesn't work for me, so figuring nows the time for a driver update, but to which ones ?,as been reading about the last few sets, not being very good.

Maybe use the 18.10.1?

Soldato

Messed-Hair-SOTTR.jpg

Just update to the latest lol Not sure why this desire to not update the driver, if for what ever reason you do run into issue, go back a driver.

Caporegime
Just update to the latest lol Not sure why this desire to not update the driver, if for what ever reason you do run into issue, go back a driver.

I'll give the latest a go, thanks. :)

I don't update all the time, as if its not broken..........., and the 17.12.1s have been running great, without issue, but now i need to update, see if it cures my Tombi hair prob. :p

Caporegime
Only one thing for it, believe the hype, get a 2080ti and have it ray traced mate :p

:D

EDIT:

Well they went on fine, will give em a test later when i play Tombi :D

Only odd thing was, which ive never had before, was after id restarted after the drivers had installed, i got a message saying my hardware had changed, so to reboot again, which i did :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP

Messed-Hair-SOTTR.jpg

As it turns out and unrelated to your issue, but you do realise if you ever come through our official support channels for an issue, the first we will tell you to try is? :D

Associate
Have noticed with 18.10.1, the centre (main) monitor of three goes into standby mode when booting windows. This is much improved from previous driver versions where the right monitor would become the main and revert to 800x600 at 30Hz:D

Soldato

Messed-Hair-SOTTR.jpg

There is a new patch for the game fixing artefacts....

Soldato
Over on Guru3D forums i saw this posted in relation to the oct18 driver update..

Wonder if they're a WHQL'd version of the October 15th update with support for the 580 2048 SP model.

EDIT: No the config file points to these as adding support for the RX 590

<td>Radeon RX 590 Series</td>

Back
Top Bottom