• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
tried the 20.2.2 drivers the other day, they are running doom eternal ok but to my dismay i still had the problem of game splash screen vids coming up with multi coloured static/snow including on doom.

i may have narrowed it down a bit, my s27f350 samsung monitor was set to ultimate free sync engine, could be a conflict with that setting and the newer 2020 drivers, i set it to standard and no static snow screens on the splash screens for doom or bl3, heres hopeing it was that.

my spelling is terrible, im drunk :p

running a 5700 pulse.

edit: just ran doom again and no static on splash screens and i done several restarts/shut downs as my issue was a bit intermittent, hope it is sorted now ill update if it does it again :)

edit: just put on ultimate engine again and replicated the problem, standard engine is fine woot :D

guess ill stay on these drivers for a bit :)

Last edited:
Anyone know what the most stable drives are ? As my rx5700xt keeps crashing on any game after about 10mins, i have tried the 2 latest drives and the 14 jan driver, which was fine before updated.

pcie cables are not on daisy chain, have tried a fresh install of win 10 but still the same.

Soldato
20.4.1 is the most stable for me. Had it since launch and not encountered any blackscreen or crashes. Been playing cod mw, War thunder, squad, tomb raider. At 1440p as well with chrome on etc at pcie 4.0

Associate
anyone have any ideas on getting war zone to run i can play the base game of call of duty fine but war zone i get a crash i can still hear audio but game is locked,

i then get dev error 6068

tried
fresh install of game
fresh install of drivers ddu
run as admin
unclock gpu
over clock gpu
max settings
min settings

nothing stops it at best i get a full match. 9 times out of ten the practise bit runs, but then when parachute in it will crash

8700k turned to stock for now but was always stable at 4.9/5
radeon v11
16 gb ram
games on a ssd

Associate
anyone have any ideas on getting war zone to run i can play the base game of call of duty fine but war zone i get a crash i can still hear audio but game is locked,

Have you tried launching the game with the command line arguments "-d3dll"?

COD:MW didn't play nice at all with my system until I started to use that.

Soldato
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-20-4-2
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 Highlights
Support For

• Gears Tactics™
  • Predator: Hunting Grounds™
Fixed Issues
  • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system hang or black screen when running Folding@Home while also running an application using hardware acceleration of video content.
  • A system crash or hang may be experienced when using Edge browser to play Netflix™ content.
  • XSplit™ may experience an application hang or freeze when performing a scene switch.
  • Minor stuttering may occur when performing a task switch with performance metrics overlay open in some games.
  • Overwatch™ may experience an intermittent crash while entering a game or during extended gameplay sessions.
  • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics product system configurations may intermittently experience a display loss or black screen while gaming or on desktop with a limited number of displays.
  • Radeon Software may experience an application crash when playing games with non-alphanumeric characters in the game title.
  • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience an application crash with Microsoft® Teams when hardware acceleration is enabled.
  • An ‘Unable to get requirements’ error message may intermittently occur when viewing the Upgrade Advisor tab in Radeon Software.
  • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when playing games with Instant Replay or Record Desktop enabled.
  • Resolved an install issue where Error 1603 could occur when an installation prerequisite for Visual C++ was not correctly detected as installed.
Known Issues
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Using Edge™ web browser to playback video content with a multi display system configuration may cause a system hang or crash after extended periods of use.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
  • Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
  • Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when performing multiple task switches using Alt+Tab.
  • Desktop or In-game corruption may occur intermittently when HDR is enabled.
  • Direct ML Media Filters are currently unavailable in Radeon Software Media gallery for video or image content.
  • Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely.
  • Some laptops may encounter a BSOD when installing Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition over an existing OEM graphics driver. To work around this issue, first uninstall the OEM graphics driver using Programs and Features within the Control Panel. Once complete, install the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition package and select the Factory Reset option during setup.
Important Notes
  • AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition can be found here.
Package Contents
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 Driver Version 19.50.29.27 (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.15029.27015)
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Associate
Lots of black screen / system hang fixes in there which is good to see.

Definitely good to see.

The odd/worrying thing to me is that they still seem to be very specific targeted things, where as you'd think it might just be one underlying issue they could target that fixes it all.
I'm worried that the drivers will just get bogged down with spaghetti code work arounds to multiple different use cases.

Still good to see them acknowledging and working on it though.

Soldato
still running the 20.2.2 drivers and played doom eternal for a few hours with 0 issues, im glad i narrowed down the freesync ultimate engine as been the culprit, i was tearing my hair out lol

wonder if some of the black screen issues are due to monitor freesync settings? had my first one the other day on the old pre 2020 drivers while only having firefox and a steam chat open.

Associate
Some Vega specific fixes at last. Not sure if relevant to any of my residual issues but have a bigger problem with broken audio after yesterdays Borderlands 3 patch. Didnt fix that sadly

Associate
Nothing for 5700XT with hardware acceleration video crashes, so unless mine is actually a Vega pretending to be a 57, I might not be fixed by 20.4.2.

Associate
Which browser?

Using a 5700 XT here and no hardware acceleration enabled crashes with Microsoft Edge Chromium.

Chrome, I'm guessing version 81. Turned off HW acceleration and it didn't crash yesterday from what I can identify. Had one of these pretty much daily until yesterday.

I was about to pull the trigger on a 2070s because this 57xt has been nothing but trouble, but would like not to need to spend the extra £50+

On Wed 22/04/2020 06:56:21 your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042220-8000-01.dmpThis was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (0xFFFFF80555C40818)Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFF838A86829010, 0xFFFFF80555C40818, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000001, 0x3)Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERRORfile path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0353575.inf_amd64_8e19095ae833d985\B353558\atikmpag.sysproduct: AMD drivercompany: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport DriverBug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).Google query: atikmpag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Back
Top Bottom