• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
@LtMatt
Does enhanced sync work at low fps for tearing like under my fs range of 48-75? I want to not use x4 ingame vsync but i get tearing badly when its around 30-40 on stations. I think i tried esync but i dont remember if it helped stop it. I kinda wanted to try amd vsync forced on, once in drivers, and turn off vsync ingame but that didnt work. I just want tear free without using ingame vsync as it bogs the fps a lot to me.

Caporegime
OP
@LtMatt
Does enhanced sync work at low fps for tearing like under my fs range of 48-75? I want to not use x4 ingame vsync but i get tearing badly when its around 30-40 on stations. I think i tried esync but i dont remember if it helped stop it. I kinda wanted to try amd vsync forced on, once in drivers, and turn off vsync ingame but that didnt work. I just want tear free without using ingame vsync as it bogs the fps a lot to me.
No, only at or over the refresh rate of the display.

If your monitor supports LFC then the frame is doubled if the FPS drops below the Freesync range. Unless your monitor is quite old, then You need a Freesync premium or premium pro monitor to support LFC.

Soldato
The halo fixes isnt in the main branch drivers yet, but would be at a later revision i heard on reddit btw.

So yet another new driver in so many days.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-11-3

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.11.3 Highlights
Support For

• Microsoft Flight Simulator™: Game of the Year Edition
  • Farming Simulator 22™
  • Additional Vulkan® extensions. Click here for more information.
Fixed Issues
  • Driver timeouts or game crashes may be experienced by some users while playing Battlefield™ 2042 on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
  • While playing DayZ™, some users may experience stuttering or poor performance on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 5700 XT Graphics.
  • Some users may experience elevated disk space consumption by the Multimedia Athena Dumps folder.
Known Issues
  • During Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ gameplay, some users may experience driver timeouts on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 5500 XT Graphics. A temporary workaround is to disable the Radeon™ Anti-Lag feature in Radeon™ Software.
  • Visual artifacts may be observed while playing Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800M Graphics.
  • While playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode, Radeon™ Software may become unresponsive when the user is in the lobby and attempts to open Radeon Software on the secondary display via the context menu. A temporary workaround is to press the Alt + R keyboard shortcut if this happens.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
  • Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
Important Notes
  • Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.11.3 does not provide support for Halo Infinite™ (Multiplayer mode). The Radeon™ Software Adrenalin driver that provides support & game optimizations for Halo Infinite™ (Multiplayer mode) is an early release preview of an upcoming driver and can be found here.

Caporegime
OP
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.12.1 Release Notes | AMD

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.12.1 Highlights

Support For

Halo Infinite™
  • Up to 17% increase in performance in Halo Infinite @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.12.1 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6900 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.11.3.RS-434
  • Up to 19% increase in performance in Halo Infinite @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.12.1 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.11.3.RS-435
  • Up to 16% increase in performance in Halo Infinite @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.12.1 on the 12 GB Radeon™ RX 6700 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.11.3.RS-436
  • Fortnite™
  • Icarus™
  • Blender 3.0™ on Radeon™ RX 6000 series Graphics.

Fixed Issues
  • While running SteamVR Home on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ VII Graphics, some users may experience a crash.
  • During Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ gameplay, some users may experience driver timeouts on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 5500 XT Graphics.
  • While playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode, Radeon™ Software may become unresponsive when the user is in the lobby and attempts to open Radeon Software on the secondary display via the context menu.
  • Visual corruption may be observed on a vehicle’s logo or license plate number while playing Forza Horizon 5™ on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 series Graphics.
Known Issues
  • After upgrading to the latest Radeon™ Software, the Power Tuning component of a saved tuning profile may not load correctly when a user imports a previously saved tuning profile.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.

Soldato
Been getting random artifacting and screen corruption since 21.11.3. Have since rolled back to the recommended driver, 21.10.2 and have had no such issues.

Also my Wattman profile isn't loading properly, which may be causing the artifacting. Known issue tho at least.

Soldato
The install for the 21.12.1 had issues, the driver installed but device manager detected a problem and disabled somthing. I restarted and my second screen was off. I went into device manager and the 6900XT had a problem marked, it said somthing was disabled so i clicked enable and my second display came back on.

Edit:
Gone back to: 21.11.2 as the VRAM runs at full speed all the time with new drivers.

Last edited:
Soldato
The best way for me when installing new Radeon drivers has always been factory reset & don't keep settings. Never any issues afterwards unless the driver itself is borked which is very rare for me. So I would strongly recommend others doing it the same way.

Back
Top Bottom