• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
I got directed to that link by the driver, I've tried a few of the steps. Namely removing all the old C++ redists (a few had Chinese/Japanese descriptions/uninstall menus... which was weird?!) and ran the various DISM and SFC commands. Dism found and fixed something, although I didn't fancy trawling through the logs to see what. After a reboot the driver was installed ok, despite the error.
Initially fired up HZD to be greeted with with an even more annoying glitch than previously. Rather than shaking trees/ropes, I had constant hud flickering and black frames. Jumped to another game for a bit with no issues, then back to HZD and it was ok again.
Fingers crossed it's sorted itself out!
Hopefully that’s sorted it.

Associate
Does anybody know a fix for the driver timeout error?
Playing Tiny Tina's Wonderlands I get this error all the time. Last night was 4 times in about 30 minutes. I ended up rage quitting in the end.
I have tried the latest drivers and rolled back to previous but still no good.
Running a 5700XT with an undervolt but also tried default settings also

Soldato
Playing Tiny Tina's Wonderlands I get this error all the time. Last night was 4 times in about 30 minutes. I ended up rage quitting in the end.

Is your card overclocked?

This might be worth taking a look at:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-800

Soldato
Also mentions Corrupted Windows® registry or system files in that link, so perhaps a quick run of SFC /scannow (elevated as admin) might be in order (as well as DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth). That'll help rule out local system corruption.

Associate

I used to get this a lot, Started installing the driver only option for the drivers and using MSI afterburner to manage clocks and a fan curve that keeps GPU Mem temp under 80. Additionally, limiting frame rate to 60fps seems to help too - it definitely feels less stable the higher the FPS.

I'm currently running the card at 2050/1850@1120mv on the 22.4.1 drivers and its fairly stable.

Still get the odd crash here or there, but I suspect it's more related to rubbish RAM tbh.

Soldato

Are you using a TV for a monitor by any chance?
If so reducing the colour profile to YCbCR 4:4:4 stops the timeouts.

Personally I had to revert to driver 21.10.2 to fix the timeouts on my LG C1.

Associate
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.4.2 Highlights
Support For

• Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt™.
Fixed Issues
  • Display mode of 4K 120Hz may be missing on some FreeSync™ displays using some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ RX 5700 XT.
Known Issues
  • GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
  • Some users on Windows® 10 operating system may observe the absence of the windows transparency aero effect.
  • Display may flicker black while switching tabs between video playback and gameplay on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Using Radeon™ Super Resolution on 2560x1600 resolution displays may produce a system hang. A temporary workaround is to set the display Scaling Mode to Full Panel.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
Package Contents
The AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.4.2 installation package contains the following:

• AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.4.2 Driver Version 21.50.21.07 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 30.0.15021.7000).
Important Notes
  • Ryzen CPU Overclock settings may be changed after resetting or importing a profile from Radeon Performance Tuning Options. Users will now be notified of the applicable devices being changed.
  • AMD Software Capture and Stream features and Overlay support for Clone mode and Eyefinity display configurations will be introduced at a later date.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-4-2

Associate

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.1 Highlights​

Support For​

• AMD Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 6750 XT Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 6950 XT Graphics

Fixed Issues​

• Some users on Windows® 10 operating system may observe the absence of the windows transparency aero effect.

Known Issues​

• Performance drop may be experienced while playing Fortnite with Multithreaded Rendering and DirectX® 11 API on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon® RX 6900 XT Graphics.
  • GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
  • Display may flicker black during video playback plus gameplay on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Using Radeon™ Super Resolution on 2560x1600 resolution displays may produce a system hang. A temporary workaround is to set the display Scaling Mode to Full Panel.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.

Package Contents​

The AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.1 installation package contains the following:

• AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.1 Driver Version 21.50.21.11 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 30.0.15021.11005).

Important Notes​

• AMD Software Capture and Stream features and Overlay support for Clone mode and Eyefinity display configurations will be introduced at a later date.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-5-1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022 Release Notes​

Highlights​

• Radeon™ Super Resolution
    • New “Sharpen Effect” slider that allows you to fine-tune the sharpness effect of RSR to your own desired settings.
  • DirectX® 11 optimizations for Radeon™ RX 6000 series
    • Up to 8% increase in performance in DirectX® 11-based games, using AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022 on the Radeon RX 6950 XT, versus the previous software driver version 22.5.1 RS-470
  • AMD Smart Access Memory optimizations for Death Stranding™ and Watch Dogs™: Legion
    • Up to 10% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Death Stranding™ @ 1440p Very High settings and up to 13% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Watch Dogs™: Legion, using AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022 on the Radeon RX 6950 XT, versus AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.1RS-471
    • Up to 12% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Death Stranding™ @ 1440p Very High settings and up to 24% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Watch Dogs™: Legion, using AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022 on the Radeon RX 6950 XT, versus AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.1RS-472
    • Up to 6% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Death Stranding™ @ 1440p Very High settings and up to 6% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Watch Dogs™: Legion, using AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022 on the Radeon RX 6950 XT, versus AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.1RS-473

Known Issues​

• Visual corruption may be seen in-game menus on Age of Empires™ II: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires™ III: Definitive Edition using Radeon™ RX 6000 Series.
  • Some textures may flicker during movement in War Thunder™ using Radeon™ RX 6000 Series.
  • Foliage corruption may be seen in The Elder Scrolls® Online with ultra pre-set settings using Radeon™ RX 6000 Series.
  • Performance drop may be experienced while playing Fortnite™ with Multithreaded Rendering and DirectX® 11 API on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon® RX 6900 XT Graphics.
  • Display may flicker black during video playback plus gameplay on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.

Package Contents​

The AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022 installation package contains the following:

• AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022 Driver Version 22.10.01.03 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 30.0.21001.3006).

Important Notes​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Two new sets of drivers out today! :eek:

Standard release with support for the new 6X50 cards and another with a couple of new features.
RSR sharpness slider, DX11 optimisations for 6000 series cards and SAM improvements for a couple of games.

Soldato
With the latest AMD beta drivers, is the RTX 3080 still ahead of the RX 6800XT (on average) in DX11 games?

Is it a small difference, or actually noticeable?

EDIT - Now that I think about it, the ray tracing performance is still going to be worse...

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried the preview driver on my VR sim rig and got a strobe (flicker?) effect in my Reverb G1. -Submitted a bug report and hope they can fix it quickly. The older driver wrks fine, but I would like some of that free performance boost in VR.

Back
Top Bottom