• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Just noticed something, I was recording in Star Citizen with ReLive and it doesn't seem to handle dark scenes all that well in this particular game, I tried the same scene with Action by Mrillis, Paid recording tool on Steam, And there's no dark pixelated patches, Limit of ReLive maybe ?

mLJigQB.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Just noticed something, I was recording in Star Citizen with ReLive and it doesn't seem to handle dark scenes all that well in this particular game, I tried the same scene with Action by Mrillis, Paid recording tool on Steam, And there's no dark pixelated patches, Limit of ReLive maybe ?

mLJigQB.jpg
What settings were used on each app? AVC or HEVC on ReLive? What about Mirillis? I know Mirillis can record AVI files which are huge and very high quality whereas ReLive would be lower quality and more compressed.

Soldato
What settings were used on each app? AVC or HEVC on ReLive? What about Mirillis? I know Mirillis can record AVI files which are huge and very high quality whereas ReLive would be lower quality and more compressed.

AVC in ReLive, Also tried HEVC, HeVC gets rid of the patchiness a little but it's still there.

Action just seems to handle deep blacks a bit better than ReLive.

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey everyone, 22.8.1 is now live:

Highlights​

Support for:​

• Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered™
  • Thymesia™
  • Radeon™ Boost using Variable Rate Shading for Halo Infinite™
  • Enhanced Sync improvements have been introduced in the latest version of AMD Software to provide further stability, and a better overall experience with your AMD PC.

Fixed Issues​

• Display may flicker black when switching between video playback and gameplay windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Video output will freeze in Project Zomboid™.
  • Games based on LOVE2D™ engine may be rendered incorrectly.
  • Stormworks: Build and Rescue™ crashes during start up.
  • Mixed Reality Headsets may flicker black or experience jitter during movement with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a system crash during gameplay with video playback on extended monitors.

Associate
Installed with out issue, Win10, 6700XT.
Ran a quick Superposition Benchmark and scores are around expected. OGL still scoring higher than DX, like with 22.7.1, which is still blowing my mind. :D
High video decode usage with 4k60 youtube, which has been an issue since like 21.11.x :(
Seem ok so far.

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
WTH is LOVE2D engine ?!?! :)

Quick google.

ahhhh right.
The developer of Intravenous reached out to me along the 22.7.1 release to point out that any game leveraging the LOVE2D engine (including their own) was not rendering correctly.

This was related to the new OpenGL drivers that shipped with the release.

Thankfully got it fixed in the for out next webpost driver.

Last edited:
Soldato
22.8.1 is a major performance regression for Project Cars 2 on my HP Reverb. (Comming from 22.3.1)

No weirdness or flickering. The card is just significantly weaker on the new driver for that use case.

Submitted bug report and rolled back to 22.3.1

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
22.8.1 is a major performance regression for Project Cars 2 on my HP Reverb. (Comming from 22.3.1)

No weirdness or flickering. The card is just significantly weaker on the new driver for that use case.

Submitted bug report and rolled back to 22.3.1
Hey there, do you have any rough comparison data for this, as well as steps to reproduce this data in-game?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
@AMD_Vik I use an Ai race with the same settings to check. (Same settings and conditions between AMD drivers)

22.3.1 has 7-8ms frame times. 22.8.1 has double digit frame times with chunks of frames going over the 11.1ms mark.

I may install OBS on the AMD rig and capture both drivers back-to-back and provide a video. Just looking at it typed out doesn't convey the enormity of the difference.

Last edited:
Soldato
@AMD_Vik Here's a side-by-side. 22.3.1 starts the video with 10 dropped frames because I was tinkering with OBS for 20 minutes before recording. 22.8.1 has zero dropped frames at the start because it has zero VR time up to that point. Things go down-hill quickly for the new driver once the race starts. **Loud engine-noise warning!**

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom