• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say I've had a couple of lockups in F1 2012, and one in the Tomb Raider menu since installing these.

Both times the screen froze, but you could still hear sounds in the background like the menu navigation etc. Cancelling out via Task Manager then starting back up again I played both for a good hour or so with no issues, so a bit weird.

Single 7950 overclocked to 1150/1600.

Get all the above issues reported and I'll change my recommendation to 13.4 with caps for now.

Though I haven't had a single issue with 13.5 as of yet, its had 22 hours of borderlands 2 over the weekend too :p

It was only Battlefield 3 for me, since adjusting voltage a tiny touch its been fine. So I wont report it this time, but from 13.1 to 13.5 I have had to higher voltage by 12+

Have you changed afterburner revision? I've had to adjust voltage once or twice because they improved the way voltage works on afterburner Tahiti cards.

Got my overclock back on 13.5 beta 2 but stability is hit and miss and the Skyrim judder has returned. I can fix using Radeon Pro and I'm not one of those people that get snobby about using another program because what matters to me is end performance and smoothness BUT it is irritating that the incompetence creeps in in the first place. Especially on an oldish game... before anyone hits me with PEBKAC it's a clean driver installation on a relatively new installation of Windows. And I'm quite capable of double clicking an installer to start the process :D.

Beta drivers and all...

Ysmir's beard! 13.4 cats seem to make Skyrim smooth! Better late than never :)

Got my overclock back on 13.5 beta 2 but stability is hit and miss and the Skyrim judder has returned. I can fix using Radeon Pro and I'm not one of those people that get snobby about using another program because what matters to me is end performance and smoothness BUT it is irritating that the incompetence creeps in in the first place. Especially on an oldish game... before anyone hits me with PEBKAC it's a clean driver installation on a relatively new installation of Windows. And I'm quite capable of double clicking an installer to start the process :D.

Beta drivers and all...

Maybe you should try the 13.4 WHQL drivers or try adding the 13.4 Caps to your 13.5 install.

Since installing 13.4 and trying 13.5 Beta (5850), my temps seem to have risen along with fan noise during gaming compared to 13.3. Anyone else noticed this?

I figured out what the issue is with my sudden increase in temps with 13.4 and 13.5 Beta. AMD must be congratulated for resurrecting a bug I'd not seen for over 12 months.

As it turns out having a secondary display device activated in CC adds 10c - 15c to my running temps on a single card. This bug if memory serves plagued the 11 series driver set and required having to disable the secondary monitor prior to gaming which annoyed the hell out of me at the time.

It took them months to fix it last time, so god knows how long I'll have to put up with it again.

Well played AMD.

So to round up, current issues with 13.5 Beta 2:

Instabilities in Civ V, F1 2012, Skyrim & possibly Tomb Raider.

Audio over HDMI via an AMP is partially broken but fixable.

I figured out what the issue is with my sudden increase in temps with 13.4 and 13.5 Beta. AMD must be congratulated for resurrecting a bug I'd not seen for over 12 months.

As it turns out having a secondary display device activated in CC adds 10c - 15c to my running temps on a single card. This bug if memory serves plagued the 11 series driver set and required having to disable the secondary monitor prior to gaming which annoyed the hell out of me at the time.

It took them months to fix it last time, so god knows how long I'll have to put up with it again.

Well played AMD.

Isn't this just what happens with a secondary monitor plugged in? Your idle clocks will change from something like 300/150 to 500/150 thus kicking out more heat/fan speed in the process.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom