• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having hdmi audio issues running through an amp? Both the 13.4 and 13.5 betas break my audio. I'm guessing it's the same problem as pre 13.3 beta 3.

Same here. Go in CCC > My flat panel displays > Lcd overdrive, tick enable overdrive and amp should get audio signal, then untick if you want. Works for me.

Wish AMD could fix it and keep it fixed.

Last edited:
Same here. Go in CCC > My flat panel displays > Lcd overdrive, tick enable overdrive and amp should get audio signal, then untick if you want. Works for me.

Wish AMD could fix it and keep it fixed.

Thing is, that's a temporary fix which has to be done every time you start your pc. Its quite frustrating that they managed to fix this pretty prominent problem in 13.3 beta 3, only for it to come back again in more recent drivers. It would be nice to enjoy the fps increase that 13.4 and 13.5 betas seem to bring without messing around with lcd overdrive just to get audio.

After installing 13.5+CAP i had to reinstall MSI AB,since it was locked on half clockes (13.4 same) and gpu temperature was weird at 36-38C
After reinstalling all seems ok again,clocks and temperature 28-30C
Got lil bit worried for are min about those new drivers :)

Found an issue with New BETA.

My Primary monitor would not wake up after screen sleep or actual pc sleep.

Back to 13.4 and its fine again.

My pc sleeps a lot so it was a major issue for me :(

After installing 13.5+CAP i had to reinstall MSI AB,since it was locked on half clockes (13.4 same) and gpu temperature was weird at 36-38C
After reinstalling all seems ok again,clocks and temperature 28-30C
Got lil bit worried for are min about those new drivers :)

CAP's are included in the driver are they not?

One question on AMD drivers: they always try and install an AMD HD audio driver, why is this? If you already have a sound card (or even onbord sound) what's the point of installing another AMD audio driver and could there be conflicts?

Can confirm above hdmi issues. 13.3 would have to reinstall the hdmi audio driver on each reboot to get sound but now with 13.4 everytime turn my amp off then on the picture doesnt cpme back. Easiest way is to press win+p then enter which re-enables the display. Still annoying as year old drivers it just works but worse performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom