• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to play with the video recording now, DXTory will only allow 60fps, Afterburner is allowing 100fps so we'll see how I get on :)

Bah, blast, DXtory won't do over 60fps and afterburner won't do above 1050p :p

Try this: http://ul.to/946ktied

Caution, its still uploading and its 1.53GB, ignore the flicker at the start, I dropped my mouse and the flicker at the end has always happened when 'saving' probably due to the old mechanical drive BF3 is on.

Last edited:
Starting to play with the video recording now, DXTory will only allow 60fps, Afterburner is allowing 100fps so we'll see how I get on :)

Bah, blast, DXtory won't do over 60fps and afterburner won't do above 1050p :p

Try this: Coming soon

Caution, its still uploading and its 1.53GB, ignore the flicker at the start, I dropped my mouse and the flicker at the end has always happened when 'saving' probably due to the old mechanical drive BF3 is on.

1.53gb yikes.

Tbh bf3 is slightly worse in single card mode with the settings I play at. Having 3 cards means they don't really break 50% usage at 60fps.

If you fella's want me to run a single card comparison at either 1080/1440p lemme know and ill get on it.

I was getting around 67% usage on both cards with a 100fps cap (for the video).

Impressive! Amds scaling in this game is over 100%.

Scaling is brilliant, this is with my cards at stock 1010/1375 too.

Basically a single 7970 (even the older 925/1375 cards) will hit a 60fps vsync wall before hitting 100% usage at 1080 with bf3 on ultra preset.

#1 updated with latest drivers and driver recommendations, #2 updated with a logo.

I will add some of the other modified oc tools posted earlier, tomorrow.

So do the 13.5 CATS include this new memory timing for all games or just a select few, as i've noticed tomb raider and oddly project cars are now much smoother, Skyrim is still smooth since 13.1 for me..

i'm using the mobile version on a 7970m

Clean install.

Just checked using a DVI cable rather than Displayport or Mini Displayport cable and it looks fine over DVI. For some reason 13.5 drivers are causing issues on all of my displayport outputs.

Ok, I don't have any dp displays to check with, could you report the issue via the link in post #1? 13.4 w/ cap1 should still give you a healthy performance increase over 13.1/13.3 so no harm in sticking with those until the issue is resolved in a newer driver.

So do the 13.5 CATS include this new memory timing for all games or just a select few, as i've noticed tomb raider and oddly project cars are now much smoother, Skyrim is still smooth since 13.1 for me..

i'm using the mobile version on a 7970m

I believe it does contain memory management improvements for some titles, Matt should be able to give you a more definitive answer though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom