• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Skyrim juddering. It's not permanent but very annoying when it does flare up. I use CF but don't know if it's present in single GPU.

Can you try something for me please Rusty? (btw you've been paid!!)

Rename TESV.exe to fallout3.exe and run it (with steam closed) and tell me if the same issues occur in crossfire.

iirc the above was a solid fix for broken CF in skyrim upon release as it forces the fallout profile that uses the same engine.

I had a little catch up yesterday and updated the op with know beta issues (as vk said amd are now watching this thread) so maybe they will be looked into in greater detail.

Anything else missing or anything anyone would like to see added?

I started an important links heading too, linking to some important AMD related threads.

How do you re-install PhysX?
I've mostly been using Nvidia cards so haven't had to.

I'm currently using the 13.4 drivers, how do I get rid of the, well it's not stuttering it just feels, I don't know, sluggish?
Do I have to use RadeonPro, could it be the 'smoothness' issue I hear about with AMD cards?

What games is it stuttering in and are you using vsync? If so you could try using a frame limiter.

Physx will reinstall when ever you install a game that requires it, the executable is usually somewhere in the games folder if you want to manually install it. Some games like metro will refuse to run if Physx isn't detected on the system.

It was Metro I was trying to run (well the benchmark) when I realised I needed PhysX.
I've currently only played Black Ops 2 and run the Heaven benchmark. Both seem 'off', I don't know I'd really call it stuttering. It might just all be in my head after reading about smoothness issues on AMD and frametimes and stuff.

It was Metro I was trying to run (well the benchmark) when I realised I needed PhysX.
I've currently only played Black Ops 2 and run the Heaven benchmark. Both seem 'off', I don't know I'd really call it stuttering. It might just all be in my head after reading about smoothness issues on AMD and frametimes and stuff.

I play a lot of black ops 2 and it runs extremely smooth so i would suggest there is something else untoward going on as i get extremely low frame times on that title in single gpu. You don't need anything to make this title smooth. However i use vsync and an fps limit of 59 to remove input lag and tearing personally.

I've been running the new BETA drivers for a few days now without any problems with my 7970s. BF3 is running great however I still have to set the mesh detail to medium as high/ultra just kills my fps.

Is this a cpu dependent thing?

I've been running the new BETA drivers for a few days now without any problems with my 7970s. BF3 is running great however I still have to set the mesh detail to medium as high/ultra just kills my fps.

Is this a cpu dependent thing?

What cpu are you using? Its quite possible as i think Mesh is how much of the map you can see and on 64 man servers it strains the cpu severely, especially when you have two gpu's like 7970's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom