• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have vsync or any frame limiters (as Matt mentioned) enabled? If so could you disable them, if they are disabled then something is holding the cards back, as they should be at 99% with no frame cap.

No mate I don't have either of them in place.

I've just tried monitoring the GPU usage in the same spot and when my framerate goes down so does the usage, 62fps----52% usage on both cards :rolleyes:

I appreciate the help you both are giving me, thanks.

Edit, i've tried my cpu at 4.2 to see if it helps but it didn't.

No mate I don't have either of them in place.

I've just tried monitoring the GPU usage in the same spot and when my framerate goes down so does the usage, 62fps----52% usage on both cards :rolleyes:

I appreciate the help you both are giving me, thanks.

Are the clock speeds fluctuating when fps drops? Have you got the power slider at +20%?

:D

Usage has gone up me old matey, 70%+. Getting better frames too.

You sir are the dog's best bits, thanks.

Perhaps you need more voltage on one or both of the cores, or more memory voltage. You should be getting 99% usage on both gpu's with vsync/fps limiters off. Start adding voltage until you see a more constant usage.

According to afterburner the stock on my cards is 1112Mv. Is that correct?

Afterburner should select the correct stock voltage, but check the Asic with gpu-z to confirm your asic then i will know the correct voltage.

What make and model cards have you got again?

You do have sync multiple gpu settings ticked right?

zRvZLNO.jpg

Afterburner should select the correct stock voltage, but check the Asic with gpu-z to confirm your asic then i will know the correct voltage.

What make and model cards have you got again?

You do have sync multiple gpu settings ticked right?

zRvZLNO.jpg

They are the Gigabyte Windforce 7907s (voltage unlocked).

Yes I have ticked the sync settings for multi gpus.

I've just tried a voltage of 1200Mv and clock speed to default (1000Mhz) and the usage went down again to where it was before.

ASIC on one card is 74.9 and the other 80.1

Are both cards set at 1.112 voltage? Try adding two notches of voltage to the 74.9% Asic card as technically that should be 1.175v instead of 1.112v. As you can see its right on the limit.

ASIC quality < 75% - 1.1750 V
ASIC quality < 80% - 1.1125 V
ASIC quality < 85% - 1.0500 V
ASIC quality < 90% - 1.0250 V
ASIC quality < 100% - 1.0250 V

Have you increased the power limit to +20%?

Yes mate.

Are both cards set at 1.112 voltage? Try adding two notches of voltage to the 74.9% Asic card as technically that should be 1.175v instead of 1.112v. As you can see its right on the limit.

ASIC quality < 75% - 1.1750 V
ASIC quality < 80% - 1.1125 V
ASIC quality < 85% - 1.0500 V
ASIC quality < 90% - 1.0250 V
ASIC quality < 100% - 1.0250 V

Yes they are both at 1112Mv. Trying BF now.

I've tried the voltage as you said Matt, and there is no difference to the GPU usage running the cards at 1000/1375.

If I Downclock the cards to 900 MHZ I get a higher usage.

Well that points towards a cpu bottleneck, even though it would seem unlikely with a i7 with HT. :confused:

Try running 1080P using the Ultra Preset, don't change anything to off or disabled. Do you get higher gpu usage now?

Well that points towards a cpu bottleneck, even though it would seem unlikely with a i7 with HT. :confused:

Try running 1080P using the Ultra Preset, don't change anything to off or disabled. Do you get higher gpu usage now?

Just tried it, no difference. This is starting to bug me now. The GPU usage is all over the place anything from 50%-85 when running the cards at stock.

Cheers for all the help ;)

Just tried it, no difference. This is starting to bug me now. The GPU usage is all over the place anything from 50%-85 when running the cards at stock.

Cheers for all the help ;)

Ok try adding both of these one at a time to afterburner and see if it does anything to help.

Disable ULPS and Force constant voltage. You might need to restart after disabling ULPS.

NtgQcDm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom