• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since I went to the 13.5 Beta Drivers, I get a lovely red line on the left edge of my screen when when certain colours are displayed.

kd1Xy4ll.jpg

I'm suffering from the same problem, a 1 pixel width line of red pixels down the left hand side of my DiplayPort fed monitor, will give 13.4 WHQL a try once I've uploaded a quick phonecam video of it happening.

Here are the 3Dmark results,

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6504044

P13581

GFX score 17941

Physics 8913

Combined 7375.

Everything seems fine with that, I was expecting ~9K physics and ~18K graphics so its spot on in my eyes.

@chief barker,

Get two instances of gpu-z logging and check both your voltage readings when in game on stock clocks.

If one card has higher stock voltage than the other, synchronise gpu's in AB might be putting the higher voltage card onto matching the lower voltage.

Restart PC and don't run AB and try oc'ing the gpu's within CCC, they should both hit 1000/1375 no problem, while keeping normal voltage.

After you set the clocks within CCC, then you can run AB just for the readouts.

Try this too, I'm still not convinced its definitely a CPU issue.

I'm suffering from the same problem, a 1 pixel width line of red pixels down the left hand side of my DiplayPort fed monitor, will give 13.4 WHQL a try once I've uploaded a quick phonecam video of it happening.

Sucks right =/

Lots of people commenting about having the same problem over the web now, so it's not just us.

Hopefully a fix soon. DVI sucks...

After spending the morning and most of last night testing I can only come to one conclusion regarding my GPU usage issues in BF3 multiplayer.

My CPU at 4.1 cannot handle my two 7970s at their stock clock speeds. Downclocking them to 900/1325 (thanks Matt, PG tips) results in a higher usage whilst maintaining the same framerate, the game is a lot smoother as well.

Is this a driver issue? possibly, but my money is on my cpu not feeding them enough power so they can stretch their legs.

If AMD are following this thread could they confirm this for me?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom