• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Ah yes... I do recall that now and I just realised I'm running v4.8.2...

Anyway, check AB OSD and let us know how it goes :)

Guess ill use 4.8.2 then when this is sorted, one problem atm I do not have any games installed which use crossfire as i just reinstalled windows. The one game i do have installed needs crossfire disabled to run properly.

Soldato
Download Heaven/Valley or maybe try the GPUZ render test perhaps?

Click the ? next to the bus interface box. At the very least, it'll tell you which cards are running and at what bus speed.
Also, does GPUZ say whether xfire is enabled/disabled at the bottom?

Soldato
Ok so after you re-installed windows you still dont see an option for Crossfire?

Are you sure you second GPU isn't just broken? and windows is failing to see it altogether?

Do both GPUs work ok when there alone?

Associate
Ok so after you re-installed windows you still dont see an option for Crossfire?

Are you sure you second GPU isn't just broken? and windows is failing to see it altogether?

Do both GPUs work ok when there alone?

I can run them in crossfire and seperately fine with 13.9 driver

Associate
Ran the render test on GPU-Z and the second card stayed at 300mhz core / 150mhz mem (38c). I thought with crossfire disabled the second card was meant to be completely idle? I.E no fan spinning.

Soldato
Ran the render test on GPU-Z and the second card stayed at 300mhz core / 150mhz mem (38c). I thought with crossfire disabled the second card was meant to be completely idle? I.E no fan spinning.

Does it say whether xfire is enabled at the bottom of the GPUZ window?
Have you rebooted?

Download Unigine Heaven or Valley and set up AB OSD.

Maybe even reinstall drivers.

Really, I thought the option was there with my 7990. That's was quite a while ago mind you.

Pretty sure it was.

Soldato
I dunno mate... I get the feeling that this is hardware related even though it works with one specific set of old drivers.
It's certainly not normal.

Maybe Matt can help if you send him a DXDIAG log to pass on to the team perhaps?

You are probably right Pete, my memory is poor to say the least. :p

Yeah, me too :o

I do recall that it was one of the reasons I preferred to stay with a pair of 7970's fwiw.
That, and dual card pimpery of course.

Soldato
I just cant get my head around this either.. Even with a fresh windows install its still doing it...

Am with pete on this one and calling an hardware issue.. But why only one driver? lol very confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom