• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Right enough, forgot they're slightly different things :)

Adaptive V-Sync = V-sync enabled at refresh peak, any drops under it disables.

Frame limiter = Frames limited to a set target, V-Sync always disabled.

iirc some of the guys using frame limiter recommend setting the limit 1 frame below refresh, so 59 FL for 60hz etc...

A nice feature to see at driver level.

Soldato
Right enough, forgot they're slightly different things :)

Adaptive V-Sync = V-sync enabled at refresh peak, any drops under it disables.

Frame limiter = Frames limited to a set target, V-Sync always disabled.

iirc some of the guys using frame limiter recommend setting the limit 1 frame below refresh, so 59 FL for 60hz etc...

A nice feature to see at driver level.

Would a frame limiter capped to 59fps prevent tearing still then? Sorry if that is a dumb question, genuinely not sure though. :p

Caporegime
Capping fps to 59 doesn't stop screen tearing, in fact, it makes screen tearing even worse in bf 4 for me, however, using a cap of 59 + turning vsync on in game has less input lag than no FPS cap + vsync on.

Screen tearing occurs because the frames aren't being synced between the GPU and monitor, it is less noticeable with higher refresh rate screens but the tearing problem is still there.

Associate
Anyone notice an increase in screen tearing since the omega drivers whilst on desktop/web browser?

Just rolled back to previous drivers and the screen tearing is gone, easy test is to pan a map around in Google maps

Associate
Still no option in CCC for Xfire with the latest drivers and I reinstalled windows from 7 to 8.1, also the only program i could use to change my GPU voltage was Sapphire Trixx and that does not work in windows 8.1 .....

Associate
If i use GPUZ it shows the GPU core at 300Mhz & GPU Mem at 150Mhz with 30% fan speed. But when i was using 13.9 and had drivers disabled it said the same when i believe the second card should have been completely off.

Associate
No, was not able to do anything as Sapphire Trixx does not work with windows 8.1 and seems a common problem after searching google.

Soldato
While you can check GPUZ graphs, it is easier to just set up Afterburner OSD and see what's happening in game.

Sapphire trixx doesn't work with win8.1? First I've heard of it. Seems to work just fine here.

Associate
While you can check GPUZ graphs, it is easier to just set up Afterburner OSD and see what's happening in game.

Sapphire trixx doesn't work with win8.1? First I've heard of it. Seems to work just fine here.

Yeah Ver 4.8.6, when clicking settings it crashes the pc. Seems a common problem with a quick search.

Ill install MSI now even though I am not keen on it as it does not display my correct GPU Voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom