• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will, thaw press release in the first like says something like "show off the new radeon desktop gpus"

On a more serious note, my mrs has just gone into labour, so may not be about for a fair few days, can one of you kind gents keep me updated via trust of any updates etc...?

Congratulations :) I will do as Matt and keep you updated just in-case to much of his graymater escapes him :D

Will trust you over any exciting events PG, good luck and congrats!

Look what Rory Taylor just posted. I reckon a new challenger is about to enter the arena. Has to be new radeon gpu's.

YxPkd3q.jpg

Unless its those 5Ghz Piledriver refresh CPU's, I hope not.

It will, thaw press release in the first like says something like "show off the new radeon desktop gpus"

On a more serious note, my mrs has just gone into labour, so may not be about for a fair few days, can one of you kind gents keep me updated via trust of any updates etc...?

Looking forward to seeing what they've got up their sleeves next week although I might not be about either. Ours is due anytime now also so we're on pins waiting.

Good luck with everything, hope all goes smoothly.

Question for you guys

I normally run a Overclock of 1100/1500 with an increase in voltage of 1.138 from stock 1.031v
Now am starting to think I dont even need this Overclock for games I can run on stock 1000/1250

I dont bench so I wondering how much of a frame rate increase am I really gaining from the voltage and is it really worth it?
Is there a bench that shows the increase going from 1000 to 1100? plus I been told memory makes no real change if not running high amount of AA witch I dont I use SMAA anyway.

thanks

Question for you guys

I normally run a Overclock of 1100/1500 with an increase in voltage of 1.138 from stock 1.031v
Now am starting to think I dont even need this Overclock for games I can run on stock 1000/1250

I dont bench so I wondering how much of a frame rate increase am I really gaining from the voltage and is it really worth it?
Is there a bench that shows the increase going from 1000 to 1100? plus I been told memory makes no real change if not running high amount of AA witch I dont I use SMAA anyway.

thanks

Best way to find out is to bench some games and test the difference yourself using an in game consistent benchmark.

From 1005/1250 1.038 to 1100/1500 1.138 is an increase of 10c :eek: playing Rising storm with my overclock last nigh I had 74c with stock voltage and increase on the core its 64c :D

And the best of all my games seem to be performing just the same, looks like I had my card working harder than it needs to be.

13.6 beta 2 seems to have fixed the red stripe issue! :)
Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Brilliant news :)

This thread seems to be gaining momentum with regards to getting things fixed along with user updates.

Any updates from thracks about the cf frame pace driver release?

Edit: should be home from the hospital today so I'll see about getting the op updated.

From 1005/1250 1.038 to 1100/1500 1.138 is an increase of 10c :eek: playing Rising storm with my overclock last nigh I had 74c with stock voltage and increase on the core its 64c :D

And the best of all my games seem to be performing just the same, looks like I had my card working harder than it needs to be.

Increasing the core clock will generate extra heat, even if you leave the voltage the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom