• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a shock today, I put my HD 7970s back in the rig they normally live in (they had to make room for some green hardware for a while). I then loaded up the latest beta drivers but then found Win 7 aero had stopped working. I then tried to run some of my benches but got the message about lack of Directx 9 support, then another about Directx 11 and on it went. In the end I loaded up a proper set of whql drivers and all was well.

Is this normal ?

First I've heard. Got any screenshots of the message?

First I've heard. Got any screenshots of the message?

No, as I say all was fine when I loaded the whql drivers.

Maybe it was the evil Titans booby trapping the system before they were removed.:D:p:)

Edit

I was also getting messages saying something like "Your hardware supports Directx 0.0"

Last edited:
Is this because you have Nvidia drivers left behind??

It may be a possibility, I did delete them as soon as I could get into control panel once I booted up. But maybe they effected the AMD drivers in some way.

I have run this rig before with both AMD and NVidia drivers on it at the same time. Strangely enough my AMD cards ran fine but when I put an Nvidia card in there instead it would not run until I totally got rid of the AMD drivers.

re run windows experience ? for aero ? just get driver sweeper 3.2.0

uninstall, express uninstall everything then reboot then run driver sweeper search for nvidia and amd delete everything reboot then install cats you want

Last edited:
I'm on Windows 8 and I've swapped a few graphics cards on this system. What I use is the free version of Driver Fusion (software that evolved from Driver Sweeper):

1) Uninstall all Nvidia/AMD applications from Programs and Features
2) Reboot
3) Boot into Safe Boot
4) Run Driver Fusion, delete all AMD and NVIDIA entries
5) Boot into Windows and install the latest drivers normally

BTW, I'm fairly sure the latest 13.6 beta driver doesn't need the 13.5 CAPS.

13.5? AMD still have 13.4 on their site. Although it's dated 29th May and I've had it for way longer than that. Is that different to the whql 13.4 from months ago? :confused:

Or where are the 13.5? (non-beta).

Newer drivers contain the previous caps. 13.5 b contained the 13.4 cap, 13.6 contains the 13.5 cap and so on...

@Rezident, 13.5 has been replaced by 13.6 beta, it essentially the same driver but with some bug fixes.

Newer drivers contain the previous caps. 13.5 b contained the 13.4 cap, 13.6 contains the 13.5 cap and so on...

@rezident, 13.5 has been replaced by 13.6 beta, it essentially the same driver but with some bug fixes.

Cheers, I haven't needed beta drivers in years so have stuck with whql purely for stability (still have horrible flashbacks to the days of Vista and dodgy drivers, although admittedly they were nvidia drivers). How stable are these beta drivers these days? Or do you even need them if you don't have a new card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom